> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Brooke Barnett (IU Southeast softball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 4-for-11, four runs scored; top performance: 2-for-3 with a run scored in the Grenadiers’ 11-0 home victory in five innings over Ohio Christian on Wednesday; team records: 29-10 overall, 17-3 KIAC.
• Lucas Barnett (Lee (Tenn.) baseball, Fr.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Flames’ 15-1 home loss to North Alabama in the first game of a doubleheader last Saturday, 2 2/3 innings pitched, five runs allowed (four earned), five hits, two strikeouts, two walks; team records: 26-17 overall, 12-12 Gulf South Conference; Barnett’s record: 0-0.
• Aaron Beck (Indianapolis men’s track, Sr.) — top performance: seventh in the 3,000 steeplechase at the Indiana Little State Championships April 11-12 in Marion, 9:56.75; notes: 29th in the 800, 2:05.74; the Greyhounds won the meet with 164 points.
• Rachel Clemons (Bellarmine women’s track, So.) — notes: fourth in the 1,500 non-Division I race at the Hilltopper Relays April 11-12 in Bowling Green, Ky., 5:18.81; sixth in the 800 non-Division I race, 2:46.98.
• Morgan Coquerille (Southern Indiana women’s tennis, Sr.) — weekly stats: 2-0 singles record, 2-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 1 singles victory (7-6(9-7), 4-6 (10-7)) and No. 1 doubles win (8-3) in the Screaming Eagles’ 9-0 home triumph over Illinois-Springfield last Saturday; season-ending stats: 6-18 singles record, 10-15 doubles record; team records: 8-14 overall, 2-4 GLVC.
• Jack Eckert (Iowa men’s track, Sr.) — notes: seventh in the pole vault at the Illinois Twilight last Saturday, 15-8 1/4; seventh in the long jump, 20-6 1/2; 11th in the 110 hurdles, 15.56.
• Isaak Haas (Northern Kentucky men’s track, Fr.) — top performance: third in the 5,000 at the University of Cumberlands (Ky.) Invitational last Saturday, 16:09.36; notes: Haas recently announced he is transferring to Marian University for the 2014-15 school year; he will compete for the Knights’ men’s track and cross country teams.
• Megan Pennington (Oakland City softball, Jr.) — top performance: 2-for-4 with two doubles in the Oaks’ 5-2 victory at Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.) last Saturday in the first game of a doubleheader; notes: 2-for-4 with a run scored and a stolen base in the nightcap as the Oaks lost 7-4; team record: 16-16.
• Jacob Perkins (Southern Illinois-Edwardsville men’s tennis, So.) — weekly stats: 1-1 singles record; top performance: No. 3 singles victory (6-4, 6-3) in the Cougars’ 4-0 home victory over Tennessee State last Sunday; season-ending stats: 12-17 singles record, 2-4 doubles record; team records: 11-10 overall, 5-5 OVC.
• Jamie Valvano (Oakland City baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 3-for-8, three runs scored, one stolen base; top performance: 2-for-3 with a run scored and a stolen base in the Oaks’ 11-3 loss at Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.) last Sunday in the first game of a doubleheader; team record: 4-18.