> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Shelby Miller (Maryville women’s basketball, South Central graduate, So.) — weekly stats: 25.5 points per game, 19-of-36 field goals, 12-of-19 3-pointers, 1-of-2 free throws, nine rebounds; top performance: game- and career-high 35 points, shooting 12-of-20 from the field, 10-of-13 from 3-point range and 1-of-2 from the line, and three rebounds in the Saints’ 54-53 victory on Saturday at Drury; notes: Miller’s 10 3’s against Drury was a school record and her 35 points was the third-highest point total in Maryville history; she also hit a game-winning layup at the buzzer in the Saints’ 56-54 win last Thursday at Missouri S&T; those achievements earned Miller the Maryville women’s athlete of the week honor; team records: 13-8 overall, 9-4 Great Lakes Valley Conference.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: two points in the Titans’ 70-42 home win last Wednesday against Judson; team records: 18-10 overall, 15-7 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 7.5 points per game, 4-of-17 field goals, 1-of-9 3-pointers, 6-of-8 free throws, four assists, three rebounds, two steals; top performance: 10 points, shooting 3-of-7 from the floor, 1-of-5 from 3-point range and 3-of-4 from the stripe, and team-high three assists in the Titans’ 70-42 home victory last Wednesday versus Judson; team records: 18-10 overall, 15-7 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: Rademacher saw action in both the Sycamores’ 58-41 home win over Creighton last Friday and their 59-48 home victory over Drake on Sunday; team records: 14-8 overall, 6-5 Missouri Valley Conference.
• Justin Baxtron (Indiana State men’s track, Sr.) — notes: 12th in the 200-meter dash (22.01) and 16th in the 60 dash preliminaries (7.03) at the Grand Valley State University Big Meet last Friday and Saturday.
• Anthony Lloyd (Ancilla men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: two points and two assists in the Chargers’ 87-79 loss on Monday, Feb. 4 at Jackson Community College; team records: 7-14 overall, 1-10 Michigan Community College Athletic Association.