> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• William Barber (Spalding men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 10.3 points per game, 11-of-22 field goals, 0-of-1 3-pointers, 9-of-12 free throws, 10 rebounds, four steals, two assists; top performance: game-high 18 points, shooting 6-of-8 from the field and 6-of-8 from the line, and seven rebounds in the Golden Eagles’ 73-64 win last Thursday at Webster; team records: 16-7 overall, 13-1 SLIAC.
• Kamaren Cole (Danville Area Community College women’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 6.5 points per game, 4-of-19 field goals, 2-of-8 3-pointers, 3-of-5 free throws, six assists, four steals, three rebounds; notes: six points, three assists, three steals and two rebounds in the Jaguars’ 83-26 home win over the MacMurray junior varsity team last Wednesday; team records: 18-8 overall, 4-2 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Donnie Hale (Purdue men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: eight points per game, 8-of-12 field goals, 0-of-1 free throws, 13 rebounds, two blocked shots; top performance: 10 points, shooting 5-of-8 from the floor, and 10 rebounds in the Boilermakers’ 58-49 win last Tuesday at Penn State; team records: 12-12 overall, 5-6 Big Ten.
• Jason Holcomb (Hanover men’s track, Jr.) — notes: 26th in the mile run at the DePauw Indoor Invitational on Saturday, 4:44.5.
• Mathew Holcomb (Hanover men’s track, Jr.) — notes: ninth in the 600 at the DePauw Indoor Invitational on Saturday, 1:28.99.
• Jordy Martin (Rose-Hulman men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: .5 points per game, 0-of-2 field goals, 0-of-2 3-pointers, 1-of-2 free throws, three assists; notes: team-high two assists in the Engineers’ 63-62 victory on Saturday at Defiance; team records: 21-2 overall, 15-1 HCAC.
• Tionna Peters (IU Southeast women’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 8.5 points per game, 8-of-13 field goals, 1-of-3 3-pointers, four rebounds; notes: nine points and two rebounds in the Grenadiers’ 88-32 home win over St. Louis College of Pharmacy on Saturday; team records: 14-11 overall, 6-6 KIAC.
• Pryce Ragains (IUPUI men’s track, Jr.) — notes: eighth in the 5,000 at the DePauw Indoor Invitational on Saturday, 15:31.21.
• TeNale Roland (Utah State men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: seven points, four rebounds and two assists in the Aggies’ 63-36 victory last Friday at San Jose State; team records: 17-5 overall, 8-4 Western Athletic Conference.
• A.J. Schmidt (McKendree men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 1.5 points per game, 1-of-6 field goals, 1-of-6 3-pointers, 0-of-1 free throws, 10 rebounds, three steals, two assists; notes: four rebounds, three points and team-high two steals in the Bearcats’ 56-46 home loss on Saturday against Indianapolis; team records: 7-16 overall, 1-12 GLVC.
• Alex Stewart (Western Kentucky men’s tennis, Fr.) — weekly stats: 0-2 singles record, 1-1 doubles record; notes: No. 2 doubles win (8-3) and No. 5 singles loss (6-7, 6-2, 11-9) in the Hilltoppers’ 6-1 win over Georgetown (Ky.) last Friday in Lexington, Ky.; team record: 1-2.
• Adam Togami (Wabash men’s track, Fr.) — notes: fourth in the distance medley relay (11:00.71) and 22nd in the mile run (4:39.88) at the DePauw Indoor Invitational on Saturday.
• Brett Wehmiller (Indiana State men’s track, Fr.) — notes: 10th in the high jump (6-3 1/4) and 25th in the 60 hurdles (8.51, personal record) at the Grand Valley State University Big Meet last Friday and Saturday.
• Chris Whitehead (Danville Area Community College men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 14.5 points per game, 8-of-15 field goals, 1-of-4 3-pointers, 12-of-14 free throws, 17 assists, nine steals, seven rebounds; top performance: team-high 18 points, shooting 5-of-8 from the field and 8-of-10 from the line, game-high five steals, team-high four assists and two rebounds in the Jaguars’ 68-55 home victory over Parkland on Saturday; notes: game-high 13 assists, 11 points, five rebounds and game-high four steals in Danville’s 66-62 home win over Rend Lake last Wednesday; team records: 22-3 overall, 6-0 Mid-West Athletic Conference.