> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Josh Sampson (Wabash wrestling, Jr.) — top performance: win by an 11-6 decision in the 157-pound match in the Little Giants’ 46-4 home win over Manchester last Thursday.
• Kallie Ash (Spalding women’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 1.3 points per game, 2-of-10 field goals, 0-of-2 3-pointers, 13 rebounds, three assists, three steals; notes: six rebounds in the Golden Eagles’ 57-53 victory on Saturday at Greenville (Ill.); team records: 10-12 overall, 8-6 SLIAC.
• Megan Eve (Holy Cross women’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: six points per game, 6-of-18 field goals, 0-of-9 3-pointers, six steals, four rebounds, two blocked shots; notes: eight points and game-high four steals in the Saints’ 75-58 loss on Saturday at St. Francis; team records: 9-19 overall, 5-15 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Johnell Hardin (Spalding men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 4.3 points per game, 3-of-8 field goals, 1-of-3 3-pointers, 6-of-9 free throws, nine rebounds, six assists, six steals; notes: eight points, five rebounds and game-high three assists in the Golden Eagles’ 73-64 victory last Thursday at Webster; team records: 16-7 overall, 13-1 SLIAC.
• Amanda Schoenfelder (Bellarmine women’s track, Sr.) — notes: eighth in the long jump (15-8 1/4), 11th in the high jump (4-9) and 16th in the 60 hurdles (11.82) at the DePauw Indoor Invitational on Saturday; the Knights won the meet with 120 points.
• Kyle Briner (Lee baseball, So.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Flames’ 23-2 home win over Bluefield (Va.) last Friday in the opener of the Tennessee Valley Invitational; team record: 7-1; Briner’s record: 0-0.
• Brendan Chwalek (Northern Kentucky men’s track, Sr.) — notes: 10th in the 3,000 at the Hoosier Hills Invitational last weekend in Bloomington, 8:38.22.
• Jack Eckert (Iowa men’s track, Jr.) — top performance: third in the non-seeded pole vault at the Iowa State Classic last Thursday through Saturday, 15-3 1-2; notes: 19th in the 1,600 relay, 3:21.04.
• Nicole Hess (Bellarmine women’s track, Sr.) — top performance: second in the pole vault at the DePauw Indoor Invitational on Saturday, 10-6.
• Cody Jackson (Anderson men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: five points per game, 4-of-11 field goals, 2-of-8 3-pointers, five assists; notes: six points and four assists in the Ravens’ 93-85 loss last Wednesday at Hanover; team records: 10-13 overall, 6-10 HCAC.
• Grant Meyer (Quincy men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 5.5 points per game, 4-of-9 field goals, 3-of-5 3-pointers, five assists, three rebounds; notes: nine points and three assists in the Hawks’ 64-45 win on Saturday at Rockhurst; team records: 10-11 overall, 5-8 GLVC.
• Jacob Perkins (Southern Illinois-Edwardsville men’s tennis, Fr.) — weekly stats: 0-2 singles record; notes: No. 3 singles loss (7-5, 6-2) in the Cougars’ 5-0 loss last Friday at Missouri-Kansas City; team record: 3-1.