> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Lauren McCool (Franklin women’s swimming, New Albany graduate, Fr.) — top performance: first in the 200-yard freestyle (2:03.95), the 500 free (5:25.98) and the 1,650 free (18:37.73) at the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Invitational on Saturday in Franklin; notes: second in the 400 free relay, 4:00.12; the Grizzlies won the meet with 302 points.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, So.) — top performance: 14 points, shooting 5-of-8 from the floor, 1-of-2 from 3-point range and 3-of-3 from the free-throw line, and five rebounds in the Titans’ 68-67 victory at Roosevelt last Wednesday; team records: 8-12 overall, 4-6 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Sr.) — top performance: 14 points, shooting 4-of-10 from the field, 2-of-6 from 3-point range and 4-of-6 from the free-throw line, and game-high five assists in the Titans’ 68-67 win at Roosevelt last Wednesday; team records: 8-12 overall, 4-6 CCAC.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s men’s track, Fr.) — top performance: second in the mile run at the Wildcat Invitational on Saturday in Marion, 4:31.1.
• Taylor Thrasher (Kentucky Christian women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one assist and one steal in the Knights’ 89-60 victory at Johnson (Tenn.) on Saturday; team record: 11-7.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, Jr.) — weekly stats: 1-1 singles record, 2-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 1 singles win (6-2, 6-3) and No. 1 doubles victory (6-3) in Lipscomb’s 6-1 home win over Belmont on Saturday; team record: 2-0.
• Todd Albertson (Greenville (Ill.) men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: two rebounds in the Panthers’ 76-66 victory at Principia on Saturday; team records: 10-6 overall, 6-3 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Austin Duncan (Hanover men’s track, Jr.) — notes: fifth in the weight throw (44-10 1/4, personal record) and seventh in the shot put (39-11 1/2) at the Rose-Hulman Friday Night Invitational last Friday.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Sr.) — notes: sixth in the 3,000-meter run at the Gladstein Invitational last weekend in Bloomington, 10:02.49, NCAA provisional time.