> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Trent Astle (Xavier baseball, Jeffersonville graduate, Fr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Musketeers’ 5-4 victory over Creighton in the championship game of the Big East Conference Tournament last Sunday in Brooklyn, N.Y., complete game, nine innings pitched, no runs allowed, three hits, two strikeouts, one walk; notes: with the win, Astle and his Xavier teammates earned an automatic berth in the NCAA tournament; they will play in the Vanderbilt Regional this weekend; Astle made the All-Big East tournament team; team records: 29-27 overall, 8-10 Big East; Astle’s record: 5-4.
• Whitney Batliner (IU Southeast women’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: Batliner has been chosen as a Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Scholar-Athlete; she also made the IU Southeast Athletic Director’s Honor Roll for the spring semester.
• Connor Curry (Southern Indiana baseball, Fr.) — notes: Curry and the Screaming Eagles are 2-1 so far in the NCAA Division II National Baseball Finals in Cary, N.C.; Curry has not played in any of the three games; team records: 47-13 overall, 29-5 GLVC.
• Tori Kingsley (IU Southeast women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: Kingsley has been selected as a KIAC Scholar-Athlete; she also made the IU Southeast Athletic Director’s Honor Roll for the spring semester.
• Sarah Richey (IU Southeast softball, So.) — notes: Richey has earned a spot on the IU Southeast Athletic Director’s Honor Roll for the spring semester.
• Katherine Clark (IU Southeast women’s tennis, Jr.) — notes: Clark has been named as a KIAC Scholar-Athlete; she also earned a sport on the IU Southeast Athletic Director’s Honor Roll for the spring semester.
• Sean Godfrey (Ball State baseball, Sr.) — notes: 0-for-3 in the Cardinals’ 4-1 loss to Western Michigan in an elimination game of the Mid-American Conference Tournament on May 23 in Avon, Ohio; Godfrey was selected to the Louisville Slugger All-America third team on Thursday; he is the 15th player in program history to be named an All-American; season-ending stats: .333 batting average, team-high .540 slugging percentage, team-high 57 RBIs, team-high 48 runs scored, team-high 22 doubles, team-high 21 stolen bases, team-high nine home runs; team records: 39-18 overall, 22-5 MAC.
• Josh Rogers (Louisville baseball, Fr.) — notes: losing pitcher in a starting role in the Cardinals’ 2-1 loss to South Florida in pool play of the American Athletic Conference Tournament on May 23 in Clearwater, Fla., six innings pitched, two runs allowed (both earned), five hits, three strikeouts, two walks; U of L has earned an at-large berth in the NCAA tournament and is hosting a regional this weekend at Jim Patterson Stadium; team records: 45-15 overall, 19-5 AAC; Rogers’ record: 2-3.
• Adam Togami (Wabash men’s track, So.) — notes: 11th in the 3,000-meter steeplechase final at the NCAA Division III Outdoor Championship last Saturday in Delaware, Ohio, 9:18.39.