By KEVIN HARRIS
> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Jr.) — Wilson has earned a spot in the NCAA Division II Outdoor Track and Field Championships May 23-25 in Pueblo, Colo.; she will participate in the 10,000-meter run; Wilson also has made the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association Midwest All-Region team.
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, So.) — weekly stats: 0-for-4; 0-1 record, six innings pitched, one run allowed (earned), six hits, eight strikeouts, one walk; notes: losing pitcher in a starting role in the Grenadiers’ 1-0 loss to Bethel last Tuesday in the NAIA Softball National Championship Opening Round tournament in Cleveland, Tenn., six innings pitched, one run allowed (earned), six hits, eight strikeouts, one walk; season-ending stats: .446 batting average, nine home runs, team-high 50 RBIs, .746 slugging percentage; 5-2 record, 1.47 earned-run average, 47 strikeouts; team records: 36-9 overall, 23-3 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — notes: Boesing has been named to the Capital One Academic All-District IV at-large team by the College Sports Information Directors of America; it is the third time Boesing has been picked to the squad; Boesing is now eligible for Academic All-America honors, which he received last year.
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Jr.) — notes: Jones has earned a berth in the NCAA Division II Outdoor Track and Field Championships May 23-25 in Pueblo, Colo.; she will compete in the 400-meter run.
• Katherine Clark (IU Southeast women’s tennis, So.) — notes: No. 3 singles loss (6-0, 6-0) and No. 1 doubles setback (8-0) in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 loss to Northwood in the first round of the NAIA Women’s Tennis National Championship on Tuesday in Mobile, Ala.; team records: 13-7 overall, 8-0 KIAC.
• Ryan Pierce (Bellarmine baseball, Sr.) — notes: 0-for-1 in the Knights’ 18-1 loss to Grand Valley State in the NCAA Division II Midwest Regional on Saturday in Springfield, Mo.; team records: 33-23 overall, 20-13 Great Lakes Valley Conference.
• Phil Forbis (Bellarmine baseball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 0-0 record, six innings pitched, two runs allowed (both earned), seven hits, two strikeouts, one walk; notes: no-decision in a starting role in the Knights’ 7-4 win over Grand Valley State in the first game of a doubleheader at the NCAA Division II Midwest Regional on Sunday in Springfield, Mo., four innings pitched, one run allowed (earned), three hits, one strikeout, one walk; the Knights lost the regional championship, which was the second game of the twin bill, on Sunday, 6-3; Bellarmine reached the Sweet Sixteen of the Division II tournament for the first time in school history; team records: 33-23 overall, 20-13 GLVC; Forbis’ record: 2-3.
• Sean Godfrey (Ball State baseball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 6-for-16, three RBIs, two runs scored, two doubles; top performance: 2-for-5 with one double, one run scored and one RBI in the Cardinals’ 6-4 home loss on Saturday against Northern Illinois; team records: 28-23 overall, 15-12 Mid-American Conference.
• Adam Togami (Wabash men’s track, Fr.) — notes: 14th in the 3,000 steeplechase at the North Central (Ill.) College Final Qualifier last Tuesday through Thursday, 9:28.83.
• Tyler Byrne (Louisville men’s track, Georgetown native, So.) — notes: Byrne will compete in the 10,000-meter run at the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field East Preliminary Round Thursday through Saturday in Greensboro, N.C.
• Ryan Dixon (Bellarmine baseball, So.) — notes: Dixon and the Knights reached to the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA Division II tournament for the first time in program history this weekend; Bellarmine lost the Division II Midwest Regional title game on Sunday, 6-3; team records: 33-23 overall, 20-13 GLVC; Dixon’s record: 2-0.
• Trey Pfund (Marian men’s golf, Sr.) — notes: Pfund shot a three-round score of 235 (19-over-par) at the NAIA Men’s Golf Championship last Tuesday through Thursday in Salem, Ore. (82 in the first round, 80 in the second, 73 in the final); the Knights finished 21st as a team at the NAIA Championship as they missed the cut after three rounds of the four-round tournament.
Weekly stats are from Monday, May 13 to this past Sunday. If you have any information about an area college athlete, contact Kevin Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at @NT_KevinHarris.