> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, So.) — weekly stats: 7-for-12, nine RBIs, four doubles, three runs scored, one home run; 0-0 record, 2 1/3 innings pitched, five runs allowed (three earned), five hits, three strikeouts, one walk; top performance: 3-for-3 with a double, a homer, five RBIs and a run scored in the Grenadiers’ 8-0 home victory over Brescia in six innings on Saturday in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 21-5 overall, 11-1 KIAC; Batliner’s record: 2-1.
• Brad Baumann (Hanover men’s golf, Jr.) — notes: 29th at the Hanover Spring Invitational last weekend in Seymour with a two-round score of 163, 19-over-par (78 in the first round, 85 in the final).
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — weekly stats: 2-0 singles record, 2-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 4 singles victory (6-0, 6-0) and No. 2 doubles win (8-2) in the Screaming Eagles’ 6-3 triumph on Saturday at Lewis; team records: 12-4 overall, 4-0 GLVC.
• Will Cox (Southern Indiana men’s track, Sr.) — notes: fifth in the 1,500 at the Bill Smith Open on Saturday in Vincennes, 4:11.82.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Jr.) — notes: Wisconsin-Parkside Invitational, March 31-April 1, Columbus — 12th with a two-round score of 150, 6-over-par (74 in the first round, 76 in the final); The Jewell, last weekend, Georgetown, Ky. — 52nd with a two-round score of 154, 10-over-par (76 in the first round, 78 in the final).
• Janice Heffernan (St. Mary’s women’s golf, So.) — notes: 24th at the Washington (Mo.) University Spring Invitational last weekend in St. Louis with a two-round score of 164, 20-over-par (83 in the first round, 81 in the final).
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Jr.) — top performance: second in the 400 at the Austin Peay State University Invitational on Saturday, March 30, 57.99; notes: Austin Peay — second in the 1,600 relay, 3:55.49; Bellarmine Invitational, Saturday — second in the 400 relay (47.49, school record) and 1,600 relay (3:53.6) and ninth in the 200 (25.08).
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, So.) — weekly stats: 4-for-12, four runs scored, two RBIs, two stolen bases, one double; notes: 1-for-1 with a double and two RBIs in the Skyhawks’ 9-1 victory in six innings on Saturday at Tennessee Tech in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 27-11 overall, 9-4 Ohio Valley Conference.
• Brittany Mills (Ohio State softball, Sr.) — notes: 0-for-1 in the Buckeyes’ 17-5 loss in five innings on Sunday at Michigan; team records: 21-14 overall, 3-6 Big Ten.
• Jimmy Nungester (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Jr.) — weekly stats: 2-1 singles record, 1-2 doubles record; top performance: No. 5 singles win (6-3, 6-4) and No. 2 doubles victory (8-6) in the Grenadiers’ 7-2 loss on Saturday at Asbury; team records: 7-4 overall, 2-1 KIAC.
• Katie Perkins (South Florida women’s track, Fr.) — top performance: second in the 5,000 at the University of South Florida Collegiate last Friday, 20:49.54.
• Matt Powers (Hanover baseball, Fr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a relief role in the Panthers’ 8-1 victory at Transylvania last Tuesday, two innings pitched, one run allowed (earned), no hits, three walks, no strikeouts; notes: it was Powers’ first victory of his collegiate career; team records: 14-9 overall, 7-3 HCAC; Powers’ record: 1-0.
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Jr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in the Cardinals’ 4-1 victory over Cincinnati on Saturday in the inaugural Reds Collegiate Invitational at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, seven innings pitched, no runs allowed, seven hits, nine strikeouts, one walk; team records: 25-6 overall, 7-2 Big East; Thompson’s record: 6-0.