> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Sean Godfrey (Ball State baseball, New Albany graduate, Sr.) — weekly stats: 13-for-27, eight RBIs, seven runs scored, four doubles, two home runs, two stolen bases; top performance: 5-for-5 with four RBIs, two runs scored and a double in the Cardinals’ 15-2 home victory over IPFW on Saturday in the first game of a doubleheader; team record: 13-8.
• Chris Braun (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: No. 6 singles loss (3-6, 6-4, 6-3) and No. 2 doubles setback (8-3) in the Grenadiers’ 8-1 loss at Bellarmine last Friday; team records: 2-3 overall, 1-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Taylor Thrasher (Kentucky Christian women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one assist in the Knights’ 69-54 victory over North Central (Minn.) in the first round of the National Christian College Athletic Association Division II National Championship Tournament last Thursday in Joplin, Mo.; team record: 19-11.
• Alli Webster (Wabash Valley softball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 2-0 record, 11 1/3 innings pitched, six runs allowed (five earned), 11 hits, 18 strikeouts, five walks; top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Warriors’ 5-4 home win over Olney Central on Saturday in the second game of a doubleheader, 6 1/3 innings pitched, three runs allowed (two earned), six hits, 11 strikeouts, three walks; team records: 14-5 overall, 4-0 Great Rivers Athletic Conference; Webster’s record: 4-2.
• Tyler Willinger (Calhoun Community College baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 5-for-9, three runs scored, two RBIs; top performance: 2-for-3 with two RBIs and a run scored in the Warhawks’ 4-2 home victory over Wallace State Community College-Hanceville on Saturday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 14-10 overall, 5-1 Alabama Community College Conference.
• Aaron Hayes (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — season-ending stats: 2.6 points per game; team records: 26-5 overall, 17-0 KIAC.
• Nathaniel Jones (Southeastern Illinois baseball, Fr.) — notes: 1-for-3 with an RBI in the Falcons’ 12-4 home loss to John A. Logan on March 10 in the first game of a doubleheader; team records: 7-9 overall, 1-5 GRAC.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 4-for-10, two RBIs, one run scored, one double; top performance: 2-for-3 with two RBIs in the Patriots’ 7-4 home win over Cumberland (Tenn.) on Saturday in the second game of a doubleheader; team records: 11-13 overall, 5-4 Mid-South Conference.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, Jr.) — weekly stats: 1-2 singles record, 0-3 doubles record; notes: No. 1 singles win (5-0, ret.) and No. 1 doubles loss (8-7) in the Bisons’ 4-2 loss at Mercer last Friday; team records: 7-5 overall, 1-1 Atlantic Sun Conference.