> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Johnnie Guy (Southern Indiana men’s track, North Harrison graduate, So.) — top performance: fifth in the 5,000-meter Open-A run at the Mt. SAC Relays April 17-19 in Walnut, Calif., 14:01.11; notes: Guy recently earned the USI Male Student Athletic of the Year award; he also was named the Great Lakes Valley Conference Male Track Athlete of the Week on Friday.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s (Ind.) men’s track, Fr.) — notes: 22nd in the 1,500 at the Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville Gateway Invitational last Saturday, 4:05.31.
• Alli Webster (Wabash Valley softball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 2-0 record, 12 innings pitched, no runs allowed, six hits, 13 strikeouts, no walks; top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Warriors’ 11-0 victory in five innings at Lincoln Trail on Monday in Game 2 of a doubleheader, complete game, five innings pitched, no runs allowed, two hits, six strikeouts, no walks; notes: Webster and the Warriors won the Great Rivers Athletic Conference championship for a conference-record 21st time; team records: 41-7 overall, 29-2 GRAC; Webster’s record: 14-3.
• Tyler Willinger (Calhoun Community College baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 6-for-20, one RBI, one run scored; 0-0 record, one inning pitched, one run scored (earned), one hit, one walk, no strikeouts; top performance: 3-for-4 with an RBI in the Warhawks’ 10-3 loss at Birmingham Southern on Monday; team records: 22-24 overall, 10-12 Alabama Community College Conference; Willinger’s record: 0-0.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 2-for-10, one RBI; notes: 1-for-4 with an RBI in the Patriots’ 2-1 loss at the University of the Cumberlands on April 18; team records: 22-25 overall, 12-12 Mid-South Conference.
• Austin Duncan (Hanover men’s track, Jr.) — notes: eighth in the hammer throw at the Rose-Hulman Twilight Invitational on April 18, 136-3; 17th in the discus, 117-6; 20th in the shot put, 38-3 1/4.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Sr.) — notes: Wilson competed in the 5,000 Open-B run at the Mt. SAC Relays April 17-19 in Walnut, Calif., but she did not finish the race.