> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Brittany Stover (William & Mary gymnastics, New Albany graduate, Fr.) — top performance: first in the all-around at the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Championship on Saturday in Ithaca, N.Y., 38.950; notes: third in the balance beam, 9.800; fifth in the vault, 9.750; 10th in the uneven parallel bars, 9.675; 11th in the floor exercise, 9.725; Stover was named the ECAC Rookie of the Week last Wednesday.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: Rademacher saw action in the Sycamores’ 63-51 loss last Thursday at Youngstown State in the first round of the Postseason Women’s National Invitation Tournament; team records: 18-13 overall, 10-8 Missouri Valley Conference.
• Kelsey Becker (Wilmington softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 1-for-6, one run scored; notes: 1-for-3 with a run scored in the Quakers’ 11-4 home loss to Marietta on Saturday in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 12-4 overall, 0-2 Ohio Athletic Conference.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, Fr.) — notes: 0-for-3 in the Patriots’ 8-1 home victory over Kalamazoo last Thursday in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 22-10 overall, 5-4 Mid-South Conference.
• Austin Duncan (Hanover men’s track, So.) — notes: seventh in the hammer throw (132-4, career-best), 12th in the shot put (38-3 1/2) and 15th in the discus (113-2) at the Mount St. Joseph Invitational last Friday.
• Tyler Farmer (Vincennes baseball, So.) — notes: Farmer earned his first victory of the season in a relief role on March 6 in Panama City, Fla., in a 5-3 win over Alabama Southern; team record: 12-11; Farmer’s record: 1-0.
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, So.) — top performance: 2-for-3 with a triple, two RBIs and one run scored in the Grenadiers’ 11-1 home victory over Alice Lloyd in five innings last Thursday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 14-4 overall, 6-0 KIAC.
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — weekly stats: 3-0 singles record, 3-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 4 singles win (4-6, 7-6(7-4), 6-1) and No. 2 doubles triumph (8-5) in the Screaming Eagles’ 5-4 victory last Friday at Washburn; team record: 7-4.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, So.) — weekly stats: 1-for-6, three runs scored; notes: 1-for-3 with a run scored in the Skyhawks’ 11-5 victory on Sunday at Belmont in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 20-9 overall, 4-2 Ohio Valley Conference.
• Brittany Mills (Ohio State softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: two runs scored; notes: one run scored in the Buckeyes’ 8-2 victory on Saturday at Indiana in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 20-9 overall, 2-1 Big Ten.
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Jr.) — top performance: no-decision starting role in the Cardinals’ 4-0 home victory against Rutgers on Saturday in Game 1 of a doubleheader, 6 1-3 innings pitched, no runs allowed, one hit, six strikeouts, three walks; notes: Thompson extended his consecutive scoreless innings streak to a career-long 21 1-3 innings; his earned-run average dropped 0.46; team records: 19-4 overall, 1-2 Big East; Thompson’s record: 5-0.