> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Floyd Central graduate, Jr.) — top performance: eighth in the high jump at the NCAA Division II Indoor Track and Field Championships last weekend in Birmingham, Ala., 5-7; notes: Jones earned All-America honors at the meet, becoming the second women’s high jumper in Bellarmine history to collect that accolade.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: four points and two rebounds in the Sycamores’ 75-49 loss last Thursday at Northern Iowa; team records: 19-11 overall, 10-8 Missouri Valley Conference.
• Kelsey Becker (Wilmington baseball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 3-for-11; top performance: 2-for-2 in the Quakers’ 2-0 victory over Penn State-Behrend last Wednesday at the Gene Cusic Classic in Fort Myers, Fla.; team record: 8-2.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, Fr.) — notes: Kissel saw action at catcher in two games on March 4 in Owensboro, Ky., against Brescia and Dakota State; team records: 15-7 overall, 2-1 Mid-South Conference.
• Tyler Farmer (Vincennes baseball, So.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Trailblazers’ 6-3 loss to Kankakee Community College last Thursday in Panama City, Fla., 1 2/3 innings pitched, no runs allowed, no hits, two strikeouts, no walks; team record: 6-9; Farmer’s record: 0-0.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Jr.) — notes: 17th in the 5,000 at the NCAA Division II Indoor Track and Field Championships last weekend in Birmingham, Ala., 18:06.38; it was Wilson’s first appearance in the NCAA Championships.
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, So.) — weekly stats: 8-for-17, four runs scored, seven RBIs, two home runs; top performance: 4-for-4 with two home runs in one of the games of a doubleheader at St. Catharine (Ky.) last Friday; notes: Batliner was named KIAC Player of the Week on Monday; team records: 4-4 overall, 2-0 KIAC.
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — notes: No. 4 singles win (6-4, 6-3) and No. 2 doubles loss (8-4) in the Screaming Eagles’ 6-3 loss on Sunday at Saint Leo; team record: 4-3.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Jr.) — notes: 29th at the Las Vegas Desert Classic March 3-4 in Henderson, Nev., with a two-round score of 158, 14-over-par (83 in the first round, 75 in the final).
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, So.) — weekly stats: 0-for-7, three runs scored, one RBI; notes: one RBI in the Skyhawks’ 1-0 victory over Sacred Heart in the Rebel Spring Games on Monday, March 4 in Kissimmee, Fla.; team record: 14-7.
• Brittany Mills (Ohio State softball, Sr.) — notes: one run scored and one stolen base in the Buckeyes’ 10-9 victory over host Maryland on Saturday at the Miken Invitational; team record: 12-7.
• Andrew Mitchell (Danville Area Community College men’s basketball, So.) — notes: two points in the Jaguars’ 70-56 win over Lincoln Land last Friday in the NJCAA Division II Region 24 tournament quarterfinals in Quincy, Ill.; team records: 28-4 overall, 10-0 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: four points per game, 4-of-7 field goals, 0-of-1 3-pointers, 0-of-1 free throws, 10 assists, four steals, three rebounds; notes: game-high seven assists, six points and game-high three steals in the Paladins’ 70-58 home loss to College of Charleston on Monday, March 4; team records: 12-18 overall, 8-11 Southern Conference.
• Jimmy Nungester (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Jr.) — notes: No. 4 singles loss (3-6, 7-5, 1-0(10-8)) and No. 1 doubles setback (8-5) in the Grenadiers’ 6-3 win on Saturday at Rose-Hulman; team record: 4-2.
• Katie Perkins (South Florida women’s track, Fr.) — top performance: second in the 2,000-meter steeplechase last Friday at the University of South Florida Open, 8:30.85.
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Jr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Cardinals’ 6-0 home victory on Saturday against Alabama, seven innings pitched, no runs allowed, two hits, four strikeouts, two walks; notes: Thompson was named Big East Conference Pitcher of the Week for the second time this season on Monday; team record: 12-2; Thompson’s record: 4-0.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: Thompson played in the Grenadiers’ 75-60 victory over the College of the Ozarks in the NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball National Championship tournament on Saturday in Point Lookout, Mo.; team records: 30-4 overall, 14-1 KIAC.
• Chet Wernecke (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: two rebounds in IU Southeast’s 75-60 win over the College of the Ozarks in the NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball National Championship tournament on Saturday in Point Lookout, Mo.; team records: 30-4 overall, 14-1 KIAC.