> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Chip Hockenbury (Hanover baseball, Sr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a relief role in the Panthers’ 6-4 win over Manchester on Saturday in Westfield, Ind., in the first game of a doubleheader, 2 2/3 innings pitched, no runs allowed, no hits, no strikeouts, no walks; team records: 6-7 overall, 2-1 HCAC; Hockenbury’s record: 1-1.
• Chris O’Connor (Marian men’s track, Jr.) — top performance: second in the high jump at the Emory University Outdoor Invitational last Friday and Saturday, 1.95 meters.
• Brandy Orth Becker (Centre women’s track, New Albany native, Louisville Assumption graduate, Fr.) — top performance: second in the long jump at the Rhodes (Tenn.) Invitational on Saturday, 17-0, school record; notes: sixth in the triple jump, 33-7 1/2; 19th in the 200, 28.06; 20th in the 100, 13.54.
• Brooke Conder (Spalding softball, Jeffersonville native, Louisville Presentation Academy graduate, Sr.) — weekly stats: 3-for-6, three RBIs, two runs scored, one triple; notes: 1-for-2 with a triple, three RBIs and a run scored in the Golden Eagles’ 15-0 victory in five inning against New Rochelle last Thursday at the Myrtle Beach (S.C.) Tournament; team records: 6-9 overall, 1-3 SLIAC.
• Jaime Leon (Thomas More men’s track, Jeffersonville native, Louisville Trinity graduate, So.) — notes: 22nd in the 800 at the J. Owen Huntsman Relays on Saturday in Crawfordsville, 2:43.5; 22nd in the 1,500, 5:10.
Weekly stats are from Monday, March 17 to Sunday. If you have any information about an area college athlete, contact Kevin Harris at 812-206-2117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.