> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Melanie Stutsman (Western Kentucky volleyball, Floyd Central graduate, Jr.) — recent stats: 79 assists, 12 digs, seven kills, five blocks; top performance: match-high 43 assists, five digs and three blocks in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 home victory over North Texas on Saturday, Nov. 17 in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament championship match; notes: Stutsman was named the tournament’s Most Outstanding Player and earned a spot on the all-tournament team. Western Kentucky won the Sun Belt Tournament for the second year in a row and got an automatic berth in the NCAA tournament. The Hilltoppers face Loyola Marymount in the first round of the NCAA tournament today; team records: 31-3 overall, 15-0 Sun Belt.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one rebound in the Titans’ 68-57 victory last Saturday at Trinity Christian; team records: 6-3 overall, 4-3 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Division I.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Jr.) — recent stats: 10.5 points per game, 12-of-34 field goals, 4-of-10 3-pointers, 14-of-20 free throws, 14 rebounds, 10 assists, eight steals; top performance: team-high 17 points, shooting 5-of-10 from the field, 2-of-3 from 3-point range and 5-of-7 from the line, team-high three assists and three rebounds in the Titans’ 65-60 home win over Olivet Nazarene on Saturday, Nov. 17; team records: 6-3 overall, 4-3 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Division I.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: one assist in the Sycamores’ 48-34 home win over Belmont; team record: 3-2.
• Anthony Lloyd (Ancilla men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one rebound in the Chargers’ 90-81 home win over Edison Community College on Saturday, Nov. 17; team record: 5-0.
• Billy Edelen (Bellarmine men’s basketball, Fr.) — recent stats: 2.5 points per game, 2-of-3 field goals, 1-of-2 3-pointers, two rebounds; notes: three points in the Knights’ 88-47 victory last Saturday against Virginia-Wise at the Bill Joergens Memorial Classic; team record: 4-0.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Jr.) — recent stats: 2.5 points per game, 5-of-14 field goals, 0-of-5 3-pointers, five assists, five steals, three rebounds; notes: six points, game-high two steals and two assists in the Red Wolves’ 107-79 home win over IU Kokomo on Friday, Nov. 16; team record: 5-2 overall.
• Kyle Bramble (Dartmouth football, Fr.) — notes: Bramble saw action in the Big Green’s 35-21 win on Saturday, Nov. 17 at Princeton; team records: 6-4 overall, 4-3 Ivy League.
• Will Cox (Southern Indiana men’s cross country, Jr.) — notes: 132nd at the NCAA Division II Championships on Saturday, Nov. 17 in Joplin, Mo., 31:48.9. The Screaming Eagles placed 17th as a team with 479 points.
• Laura Der (Marshall volleyball, Jr.) — top performance: match-high 23 kills, 14 digs and team-high four blocks in the Thundering Herd’s 3-1 loss to Central Florida in the first round of the Conference USA Tournament on Friday, Nov. 16 in Tulsa, Okla.; season-ending stats: team-high 483 kills, 335 digs, 42 blocks, team-high 37 aces; team records: 18-13 overall, 8-8 Conference USA.
• Haley Dresner (Xavier women’s swimming, Fr.) — top performances: second in the 50-yard breaststroke preliminaries (31.06) and third in the 50 breast finals (30.95) at the Magnus Cup Invitational Nov. 16-18 in Cleveland; notes: fourth in the 400 medley relay, 3:57.06; fifth in the 200 medley relay, 1:48.8; fifth in the 100 breast prelims, 1:08.17; sixth in the 100 breast finals, 1:07.68; eighth in the 400 freestyle relay, 3:37.99; 11th in the 200 free relay, 1:41.52; 13th in the 200 breast prelims, 2:31.25; 15th in the 200 breast finals, 2:31.39; 41st in the 50 free prelims, 25.89.
• Rachel Engle (Western Kentucky volleyball, Fr.) — recent stats: eight digs; notes: five digs in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 home win over Arkansas State on Friday, Nov. 16 in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament semifinal; team records: 31-3 overall, 15-0 Sun Belt.
• Ashlie Haworth (Lindsey Wilson volleyball, Sr.) — notes: one dig in the Blue Raiders’ 3-0 loss to Lee in pool play of the NAIA National Championship tournament on Tuesday in Sioux City, Iowa; team records: 29-14 overall, 12-3 Mid-South Conference.
• Dylan Jenney (Franklin football, So.) — notes: two receptions for 42 yards in the Grizzlies’ 63-17 loss last Saturday at Mary Hardin-Baylor in the second round of the NCAA Division III playoffs; season-ending stats: 11 receptions for 152 receiving yards; team records: 9-3 overall, 8-0 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Kyndall Merritt (Indiana volleyball, Fr.) — recent stats: five digs, four assists, two aces; notes: four digs in the Hoosiers’ 3-0 home loss last Saturday to Minnesota; season-ending stats: 61 digs; team records: 12-20 overall, 4-16 Big Ten.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Jr.) — recent stats: 4.3 points per game, 2-of-7 field goals, 9-of-12 free throws, three assists, two steals; top performance: 11 points, shooting 2-of-5 from the field and 7-of-10 from the line, and three assists in the Paladins’ 118-96 loss on Sunday, Nov. 18 at Troy; team record: 3-2.
• Cole Richards (Franklin football, Sr.) — recent stats: eight extra-point kicks, one field goal; notes: six extra-point kicks in the Grizzlies’ 42-10 victory on Saturday, Nov. 17 at Adrian in the first round of the NCAA Division III playoffs; two extra points and a 39-yard field goal in Franklin’s 63-17 loss last Saturday at Mary Hardin-Baylor in the second round of the Division III playoffs; season-ending stats: 60-of-65 on extra-point kicks, 4-of-4 field goals, 72 points; team records: 9-3 overall, 8-0 HCAC.
• Katy Schad (Marshall volleyball, Sr.) — top performance: match- and career-high 26 digs and six kills in the Thundering Herd’s 3-1 setback to Central Florida in the first round of the Conference USA Tournament on Friday, Nov. 16 in Tulsa, Okla.; notes: Schad ended her Marshall career with the fifth-most digs all-time in program history with 1,147; season-ending stats: 412 digs, 369 kills; team records: 18-13 overall, 8-8 Conference USA.
• Alysen Shireman (Campbellsville women’s soccer, So.) — notes: one shot in the Tigers’ 2-0 home loss to Trevecca Nazarene in the championship game of the National Christian College Athletic Association Mid-East Regional on Saturday, Nov. 17; team records: 11-9-1 overall, 7-2 Mid-South Conference.
• Brock Slavens (Cincinnati men’s swimming, So.) — notes: sixth in the 200 freestyle relay at the Purdue Invitational last Friday through Sunday, 1:26.52.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: Thompson saw action in the Grenadiers’ 85-65 win on Monday, Nov. 19 at Miami (Ohio)-Middletown; team record: 5-2.