- OUR OPINION: Landfill fund payments hurt public trust
- OUR OPINION: If you’re going to do it, do it right
- THEIR OPINION: Sept. 26, 2012
OUR OPINION: It’s time for Clarksville to consider becoming a city
Polston, in abstaining, said he did not have a good enough grasp of how his constituents felt about the voting issue to vote on the matter himself.
If the town gives its residents the opportunity to hear the benefits and drawbacks of becoming a city, and then lets them vote on the issue via referendum, Polston won’t have to wonder.
- CHEERS & JEERS: Aug. 25-26, 2012
- THEIR OPINION: Aug. 22, 2012
OUR OPINION: Residents can gain access at seminar
Here are just a few examples: You have access to information on who gets married and divorced; you can find out what public employees get paid; you can search court records to see if your friends or neighbors have ever been charged with or convicted of a crime; and you can read the minutes of a city council meeting held years ago.
- THEIR OPINION: Aug. 8, 2012
- THEIR OPINION: Aug. 2, 2012
- CHEERS & JEERS: July 21-22, 2012
- More Editorials Headlines