Looking to capture the spirit of Independence Day in the foods you serve? Check out these patriotic recipes for dishes, desserts and drinks.
Movie preview: “Out of the Furnace”
A Rust Belt ex-con must choose between escaping a life of poverty and rescuing his brother from a life of crime in this drama from “Crazy Heart” writer/director Scott Cooper.
- A CLEAN BREAK: Local educator takes time out to provide drinking water to Kenyans
- DOCUMENTING HISTORY: Program helps place pre-1963 structure in archives
- Huber’s to grow distillery business
- Borden art center delay caused by title issue
Movie preview: “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”
Plot: “The Hunger Games” saga continues in this sequel that finds a revolution brewing as Katniss and Peeta take a victor’s tour of the districts, and President Snow plots their downfall during preparations for the 75th annual games.
Movie preview: “Delivery Man”
Plot: An immature middle-age slacker discovers he has fathered over 530 children throughout the years through sperm donations.
- A HOT TICKET: Restored fire truck displayed at annual chili cook-off
Movie preview: “The Best Man Holiday”
Plot: After nearly 15 years apart, forgotten rivalries flare up and old romances reignite when a group of college friends reunite during the holiday season in this sequel to 1999’s “The Best Man.”
- LOCAL TWINS TAKE A SPIN: ‘Wheel of Fortune’ appearance two lifetimes in the making
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Movie preview: “Out of the Furnace”