CHARLESTOWN — Charlestown Middle Schoolers sang along to a Journey song being played by the band Under Construction Wednesday at the school. The band, made up of students from Clark and Floyd County, played during lunch as part of Red Ribbon Week activities tabbed, "Band together against drugs."
- CARDS FOREVER: Bryan Berg builds Louisville Skyline from playing cards
- THE EXTRA MILER: Stepping Up to Community Needs
Movie preview: “Out of the Furnace”
A Rust Belt ex-con must choose between escaping a life of poverty and rescuing his brother from a life of crime in this drama from “Crazy Heart” writer/director Scott Cooper.
- A CLEAN BREAK: Local educator takes time out to provide drinking water to Kenyans
- DOCUMENTING HISTORY: Program helps place pre-1963 structure in archives
- Huber’s to grow distillery business
- Borden art center delay caused by title issue
Movie preview: “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”
Plot: “The Hunger Games” saga continues in this sequel that finds a revolution brewing as Katniss and Peeta take a victor’s tour of the districts, and President Snow plots their downfall during preparations for the 75th annual games.
Movie preview: “Delivery Man”
Plot: An immature middle-age slacker discovers he has fathered over 530 children throughout the years through sperm donations.
- A HOT TICKET: Restored fire truck displayed at annual chili cook-off
- More Lifestyles Headlines