NEW ALBANY — Several volunteers wrapped gifts for the Home Instead Senior Care Be a Santa to a Senior program Monday at Autumn Woods Health care in New Albany. See related photo.
Movie preview: “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”
Plot: Thorin Oakenshield, his mighty band of dwarves, Bilbo Baggins, and wise wizard Gandalf embark on a crusade to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the vicious dragon Smaug.
Movie preview: “Tyler Perry’s A Madea Christmas”
Plot: Madea gets coaxed into helping a friend pay her daughter a surprise visit in the country for Christmas, but the biggest surprise is what they’ll find when they arrive.
- CARDS FOREVER: Bryan Berg builds Louisville Skyline from playing cards
- THE EXTRA MILER: Stepping Up to Community Needs
Movie preview: “Out of the Furnace”
A Rust Belt ex-con must choose between escaping a life of poverty and rescuing his brother from a life of crime in this drama from “Crazy Heart” writer/director Scott Cooper.
- A CLEAN BREAK: Local educator takes time out to provide drinking water to Kenyans
- DOCUMENTING HISTORY: Program helps place pre-1963 structure in archives
- Huber’s to grow distillery business
- Borden art center delay caused by title issue
Movie preview: “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”
Plot: “The Hunger Games” saga continues in this sequel that finds a revolution brewing as Katniss and Peeta take a victor’s tour of the districts, and President Snow plots their downfall during preparations for the 75th annual games.
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Movie preview: “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”