- American Legion Auxiliary dessert coming this weekend
- CONDUCTING EXCELLENCE: Floyd County Orchestra teacher Doug Elmore wins state award
BBQ MY WAY: Scallops and creamy risotto
If you buy scallops that are not frozen, please take a sniff if you can before handing over your money. They should have a sweet scent and the brine from the ocean. If it smells really fishy, take a pass. We tend to buy the frozen scallops.
- Indianapolis brewer plans taproom on Jeffersonville riverfront
Movie preview: “That Awkward Moment”
Plot: Three best friends find themselves where we’ve all been — at that confusing moment in every dating relationship when you have to decide “So...where is this going?”
- OUT OF THIS WORLD: Greenville firm’s Bone Densitometer destined for space
Movie preview: “I, Frankenstein”
Plot: 200 years after his shocking creation, Dr. Frankenstein’s creature, Adam, still walks the earth. But when he finds himself in the middle of a war over the fate of humanity between powerful gargoyles and infernal demons.
Movie preview: “Ride Along”
Plot: Ben is a motor-mouthed high-school security guard who longs to marry his gorgeous girlfriend. But before he can propose, he must first get the approval of her brother, James, a decorated Atlanta police detective.
Movie preview: “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit”
Plot: To his friends and loved ones, young Jack Ryan appears to be an ordinary executive. He has, however, secretly worked for the CIA for years.
- SHE'S GOT GAME: Melissa Stewart was hunting before it was hip for women
- More Lifestyles Headlines