Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
“The idea is to marry the flavors of prosciutto, which has the flavor of country ham, and the cranberry sauce, which is a traditional Christmas dish,” said Justin McMillen, executive chef at The Windsor in New Albany. An oak chardonnay or pinot noir wine would be a nice compliment to the dish, he added. MORE INFO: 812-944-9688, http://thewindsornewalbany.com
For a party of 15 (2 per guest)
1 French baguette; cut into bias pieces
2 pounds fresh mozzarella; sliced into ½ slice
30 shrimp (shell off)
1 pound prosciutto or country ham
1 cup fresh cranberries (as needed)
1 cup stone ground mustard (as needed)
• Slice baguette on bias; placed on sheet tray.
• Wrap 30 shrimp with prosciutto; place on sheet tray.
• Slice mozzarella into ½ segments.
• Put shrimp in 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
• Place slices of baguette in oven for 10 minutes.
• When the time has elapsed, assemble baguette, mozzarella (salt and pepper lightly) & shrimp on each slice and place back in oven for 5 minutes (to take the chill of cheese and let the flavors marry together).
• In saucepan, place cranberries on medium heat and let cranberries start to blister (lightly juice up)
• Add mustard to your liking.
• TopBleu Cheese & Walnut Torte, Terri Lynn’s Catering by Design
YIELD: 12 ounces
1 bag fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
Combine all ingredients and cook until all cranberries “pop.” Stir often to keep from sticking. Let cool completely. Then spread over bleu cheese torte or serve. each appetizer with a dollop of cranberry mustard and serve.
“It’s a really good hors d’oeuvres just to have because it compliments just about everything and it feeds a lot of people,” said Katrina Benton-Nix, general manager for Terri Lynn’s Catering by Design in Floyds Knobs. The dish is on the regular fall/winter menu. “It would work well with pork tenderloin sandwiches, or just some wheat crackers. It would be good with red wine, or anything sweet really because it’s savory.” MORE INFO: 812-923-1503 or visit http://terrilynnscatering.com
Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
- FLOYD COUNTY: Chancellor, community leader, mom believes she can have it all
- FLOYD COUNTY HOME: From watermelon farmhouse to modern abode Marlana Robles has updated her home while keeping some original features to mix the old with the new.
- FLOYD COUNTY FOOD: Holiday Appetizers
- FLOYD COUNTY FOOD: Holiday Helpings Colder air and grayer skies give savvy hosts the perfect reasons for getting people together every holiday season. Choosing the right beverage isn’t always easy though, so local restaurateurs, brewers and others weighed in on how to warm up holiday socials in each of the following situations.
- HEALTH: Floyd County