Ivy Tech holding open house
Ivy Tech Southern Indiana will hold an open house from 4 to 6 p.m. today, Nov. 20, at the Harrison County Learning Center, 101 Ind. 62, Suite 104, Corydon.
The event will include information on financial aid and the admissions process. Admissions representatives will be available to provide information on specific programs of study as well as student support services. In addition, the event will also include information about specific courses being offered this spring in Harrison County as well as the main Sellersburg campus.
For more information on how to apply or register for courses at Ivy Tech Southern Indiana, visit ivytech.edu/nowisthetime or call 1-888-IVY-LINE.
Brain injury group to meet
The next meeting of the Southern Indiana Traumatic Brain Injury Foundation will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21, in the education conference room at Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital, 3104 Blackiston Blvd., New Albany.
For more information, call 812-941-8357.
Order some chicken and dumplings
The Redmen Club, New Albany, is sponsoring Thanksgiving chicken and dumplings — $5 for a 12 ounce cup.
Orders will be taken through Wednesday, Nov. 20, with orders picked up between 4 and 7 p.m. Nov. 27.
Prepay by Nov. 20 by calling 812-944-5263.
County council to hold workshop
The Clark County Council will hold a public workshop at 5 p.m. Thursday.
The meeting will be held in room 418 of the Clark County Government Building, 501 E. Court Ave., Jeffersonville.
Tea Party to meet Thursday
The Clark County Tea Party invites the public to the group’s weekly meeting, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21, at Silver Creek Middle School, 495 N. Indiana Ave., Sellersburg.
For more information, e-mail the group at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Floyd County
- Agency seeking comment from Clark, Floyd residents on transportation plan
Under the Dome
Green Valley Elementary School benefits before start of classes.
- JAIL ACTIVITY — For Tuesday, July 29
- From student to director: Amy Harpenau takes over New Albany theater program
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For July 29
- Great start for school: New Albany-Floyd County schools teachers get a boost from foundation
- Crew busy strengthening New Albany's line of flood defense
VIDEO: William Clyde Gibson Sentencing Hearing
Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson talks to area media during the sentencing hearing of New Albany convicted serial killer William Clyde Gibson.
- Indiana teachers worry about revamped ISTEP test
- Some Edwardsville Water customers under boil water advisory
- More Floyd County Headlines