NEWS AND TRIBUNE
> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
Eight public meetings hosted by TARC to collect public comment on a new fare collection system will begin Tuesday and will continue through Wednesday, Nov. 20. TARC will collect public comments through Thursday, Nov. 21.
Smartcard payments will replace paper tickets, passes and transfer slips which will be discontinued. The system will allow passengers to pay for their rides with the tap of a smartcard when they board. Fares will not increase and cash — exact fare — will remain a payment option, according to a press release from TARC.
Details about the plans, including a draft fare policy that will govern the new system, are available at www.ridetarc.org. Comments will be carefully reviewed and taken into consideration by the TARC Board of Directors before fare collection system decisions are final.
Public comments can be submitted through Nov. 21, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone: 502-561-5112 or TTY 502-213-3240; by mail to TARC, 1000 W. Broadway, Louisville, KY 40203 (attn: Janene Grantz); on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ridetarc; and on Twitter twitter.com/ridetarc.
Public open house meetings are scheduled for
• 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12, at the TARC Union Station Lobby, 1000 W. Broadway in Louisville
• Noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12, at the Americana Community Center, 4801 Southside Dr. in Louisville
• Noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, at the Jeffersonville Township Library Clarksville Branch, 1312 Eastern Blvd. in Clarksville
• 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14, in the Nia Center’s first floor lobby, 2900 Broadway, in Louisville
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, in the Centennial Room at the Louisville Free Public Library Main Branch, 301 York St. in Louisville
• 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18, at the Louisville Free Public Library Newburg Branch 4800 Exeter Ave. in Louisville
• 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19, at the East Government Center 200 Juneau Dr. in Louisville
• 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20, at the Southwest Government Center Courtroom, 7219 Dixie Highway in Louisville