CLARKSVILLE — Sheila Noon, principal at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School won the Archdiocese of Indianapolis' Principal of the Year award. Noon has worked at the school for 43 years, seven of those as the principal. The school has never received the award before. Noon also received a nomination for the National Catholic Education Association's Principal of the Year award and will find out if she won in December. See related photo.
- Floyd County
- YMCA hosting Healthy Kids Day next weekend
- Floyd council president: Hospital sale could net county millions
- David Camm to speak at Indiana State
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For April 19-20
- Board member asks for old Indiana school standards
- REMEMBERING HIM: Good Friday services held in Southern Indiana
- Local Lilly Scholars named
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For April 18
New Albany City Council weighing options for fire truck purchase
The city has the cash on hand, but may choose to finance the purchase of a new ladder truck for the New Albany Fire Department.
With all members voting in favor, the New Albany City Council moved forward with a $2.25 million appropriation on Thursday for paving, the purchase of a salt truck for the New Albany Street Department and the fire truck.
- Gibson takes plea in Hodella murder
- More Floyd County Headlines