NEWS AND TRIBUNE
> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• WHEN: 6 to 9 p.m. Friday
• WHERE: Vissing Park, Jeffersonville
• WHATS GOING ON: The haunted hay rides — put on by the city — will be for all ages and take visitors through the trails of Vissing Park.
Deam Lake events
• WHEN: 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, 4 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Deam Lake, Borden
• COST: Events free with admission to Deam Lake
• WHAT’S GOING ON: Deam Lake will celebrate Halloween on Oct. 25 and Oct. 26. On Friday, trick-or-treaters will be welcome to descend upon the campground from 5 to 7 p.m. On Saturday, there will be a Decorate Your Campsite contest, which will be judged at 4 p.m., and at dusk, Deam Lake’s biggest event, the Haunted Trail will start, and last until 1030 p.m. Donations will go to improving the Forest Education Center, and volunteers are still being accepted for the Haunted Trail. For more details or to apply for a volunteer position, please call the Deam Lake office at 812-246-5421.
[Two Top 5 events in one!]
• WHEN: 5 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Jeffersonville RiverStage, off Riverside Drive in Jeffersonville
• COST: Free
• WHAT’S GOING ON: The free event will feature games, inflatables and a costume contest. At dark, the movie “Casper” will be screened.
Trunk or Treat & Movie
• WHEN: 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday [movie showing at 8 p.m.]
• WHERE: New Albany amphitheater
• WHAT’S GOING ON: Showing “Hotel Transylvania.” Includes coloring table, candy corn count, lazer tag.
Trick or Trot 5k and family fun run
• WHEN: 5 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Starting at the Jeffersonville Overlook at Spring Street and Riverside Drive
• COST: $15 registration for 5k, $10 for one-mile fun run, $20 for both events
• WHAT’S GOING ON: This Halloween-themed run will be an out-and-back course in Jeffersonville. There is also a one mile fun run for kids 12 years old and younger with a trick or treat component before the 5k. Proceeds from the runs will benefit Greater Clark County Schools Educational Foundation. Register online at jeffparks.org or at the Jeffersonville Parks Department.
Howl-O-Ween Pet Costume Contest
• WHEN: 2 p.m. Saturday [1:30 p.m. registration]
• WHERE: All 14 area Feeders Supply’s stores
• WHAT’S GOING ON: Judges will determine which pets are wearing the “best” costumes. Pet owners may come in costume as well, but there is not contest for people. Furry ghosts or goblins will win Feeders Supply gift cards. Every participant gets a free gift from our sponsor, Pro Plan Pet Food. Contestants and spectators alike can count on a great time at this unique Halloween celebration.