— Crews with Schickel Masonry Restoration, out of Floyds Knobs, and Scott's Painting, out of Louisville, work on the exterior of St. John United Presbyterian Church along East Elm Street in New Albany on Thursday afternoon. The Schickel crew will be cleaning the entire exterior of the structure, as well as taking care of any brick and mortar repairs.
- Floyd County
- New Albany High School first to use einstein Tablets+
- Union files safety complaint against MAC on New Albany project
- Legislation extending ‘lifeline’ law headed to governor
Speakers for Pearls of Wisdom program announced
One Southern Indiana (1si) has announced the program lineup for its popular Pearls of Wisdom program which kicks off March 19.
- Pilot for pre-kindergarten funding may win approval
- A WELCOMED SIGHT: Survivor of fire that killed siblings, Taty’ana Hughes, returns home
Revelers and runners to come together Tuesday
It’s coming a bit earlier than the actual St. Patrick’s Day holiday, but runners and drinkers will be celebrating Tuesday, March 11, in Jeffersonville.
Civil engineer added to Gahan’s staff
New Albany has a full-time city engineer.
Larry Summers — an engineer who has represented Louisville in the public sector and firms such as Presnell Design Group in the private domain — has accepted the position.
- BRIDGING THE FUTURE: Examining the Ohio River Bridges Project impact on New Albany
New Albany to battle Home Depot, Meijer tax appeal
A state board will decide in May if The Home Depot and Meijer’s property tax assessments in New Albany are too much, as city and Floyd County officials are prepared to fight the appeal.
- More Floyd County Headlines