The heat index will make it feel like triple digits temperatures today and tomorrow. Highs will be in the mid-90s, but with the high humidity, heat index temperatures will be close to 100 degrees.
There is a slight chance of afternoon storms today and tomorrow, but storms will be likely on Thursday as a cold front moves through WAVE Country. This cold front will bring much cooler weather and plenty of sunshine for the weekend.
Today: Partly sunny, 20 percent chance of afternoon storms
Heat Index: 99
Tonight: Partly cloudy
Tomorrow: Partly sunny, 30 percent afternoon storm chance
Heat Index: 99
- WAVE 3 News' Lauren Jones
Weather Forecast: Hot and humid before arrival of cold front
- Floyd County
- Four-day Gibson hearing reaches end; father of victim speaks out
- Bicentennial Park shows announced for August in downtown New Albany
- Aquatic center work in New Albany scheduled for Monday
- The August Fitness Source magazine is out: Read all about kids' fitness and nutrition
- AT THE DRIVE-IN: Read about how the Georgetown Drive-In mixes nostalgia, technology in today's SoIn
- State rests, closing arguments to begin in Gibson sentencing hearing
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For July 31
Indy Bound: Crowd gathers to send off New Albany Little Leaguers
New Albany 11-12 All Stars heading to Great Lake Regional Tournament
- JAIL ACTIVITY — For Thursday, July 31
Guardians of the Backpacks
National Guard Armory in New Albany was the site of the event.
- More Floyd County Headlines