The heat index will make it feel like triple digits temperatures today and tomorrow. Highs will be in the mid-90s, but with the high humidity, heat index temperatures will be close to 100 degrees.
There is a slight chance of afternoon storms today and tomorrow, but storms will be likely on Thursday as a cold front moves through WAVE Country. This cold front will bring much cooler weather and plenty of sunshine for the weekend.
Today: Partly sunny, 20 percent chance of afternoon storms
Heat Index: 99
Tonight: Partly cloudy
Tomorrow: Partly sunny, 30 percent afternoon storm chance
Heat Index: 99
- WAVE 3 News' Lauren Jones
Weather Forecast: Hot and humid before arrival of cold front
- Floyd County
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For April 19-20
- Board member asks for old Indiana school standards
- REMEMBERING HIM: Good Friday services held in Southern Indiana
- Local Lilly Scholars named
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For April 18
New Albany City Council weighing options for fire truck purchase
The city has the cash on hand, but may choose to finance the purchase of a new ladder truck for the New Albany Fire Department.
With all members voting in favor, the New Albany City Council moved forward with a $2.25 million appropriation on Thursday for paving, the purchase of a salt truck for the New Albany Street Department and the fire truck.
- Gibson takes plea in Hodella murder
- EGG-CELLENT: Where to hunt Easter eggs in Southern Indiana
- WEATHER FORECAST: Sunny skies ahead for Easter weekend
- Local attorney honored as IUS Distinguished Alumni
- More Floyd County Headlines