NEW ALBANY —
NEW ALBANY AT CASTLE
• TIME: 8 p.m.
• PLACE: Castle Stadium.
• RECORDS: New Albany 1-0, Castle 0-1.
• SERIES RECORD: Castle leads 9-7-1.
• SERIES STREAK: Castle has won three in a row.
• LAST MEETING: Aug. 24, 2012 at Buerk Field — Castle 26, New Albany 0.
• KEY FACTS: New Albany’s 28-0 victory over Providence last Friday marked the first time the Bulldogs have defeated the Pioneers in back-to-back seasons since they won five in a row from 1986-90. Plus it was the first time New Albany has shut out Providence since 1988. … New Albany’s last victory over the Knights came in 2010 at Buerk Field, 31-22. Since that contest, Castle has outscored the Bulldogs in its last three victories in the series, 127-7. The Knights shut out New Albany twice in that span.
• ANALYSIS: Despite a solid defensive effort and 235 rushing yards from Payton against Providence last week, the Bulldogs have some things to clean up. They committed 13 penalties for 107 yards and turned the ball over four times versus the Pioneers. If New Albany produces those types of negative numbers against Castle, the Bulldogs can expect another loss to the Knights.
EASTERN AT CLARKSVILLE
• TIME: 8 p.m.
• PLACE: Clarksville High School.
• RECORDS: Eastern 0-1 (0-0 MSC), Clarksville 0-1 (0-0 MSC).
• SERIES RECORD: Clarksville leads 6-1.
• SERIES STREAK: Clarksville has won three in a row.
• LAST MEETING: Oct. 19, 2012 at Eastern — Clarksville 32, Eastern 0, Class 2A Sectional 31 first round.
• KEY FACTS: The Generals have scored in single digits in back-to-back games. They lost 56-7 at Lawrenceburg in the Sectional 31 semifinal last season, and then suffered a 61-8 setback to Southridge in last Friday’s season opener. The last time Clarksville had two consecutive single-figure performances was during weeks three and four in 2009. … The Musketeers have lost all three of their trips to Clarksville. In fact, Eastern has a 2-16 record in Mid-Southern Conference games since it started its program in 2007.
• ANALYSIS: Both the Generals and Musketeers need to get their respective offenses going after each team scored in single digits last week. Turnovers and field position will be critical factors in this one.