> SOUTHERN INDIANA — (Weekly stats are from last Thursday to Wednesday.)
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, Floyd Central graduate, Fr.) — weekly stats: 10-for-17, two runs scored, 12 RBIs, two triples, one double; a third of an inning pitched, three runs allowed (all earned), one hit, two walks, one strikeout; top performance: 4-for-4 with a double, a triple, seven RBIs and two runs scored in the Grenadiers’ 17-2 home victory in five innings over Bluefield State last Friday in the Grenadier Classic; notes: Batliner was named the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Player of the Week on Monday; team record: 9-11 overall; Batliner’s record: 0-0.
• Kyle Craig (IU Southeast baseball, Fr.) — top performance: save in a relief outing in the Grenadiers’ 8-4 home win over Marian on Tuesday, four innings pitched, no runs allowed, two hits, three strikeouts, three walks; notes: it was Craig’s first save of his collegiate career; team records: 9-9 overall, 6-2 KIAC; Craig’s record: 0-0.
• Dylan Martin (Ancilla baseball, Fr.) — notes: 1-for-3 with a double in the Chargers’ 3-0 victory over John Wood Community College last Saturday in Myrtle Beach, S.C.; team record: 2-9 overall.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, So.) — notes: one rebound and one assist in the Sycamores’ 70-49 quarterfinal loss to Wichita State in the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament last Friday in St. Charles, Mo.; Rademacher recently earned the Missouri Valley Conference State Farm Good Neighbor Award; the Borden product was one of 10 MVC winter sports student-athletes to receive the honor; season-ending stats: 1.1 points per game, one rebound per game; team records: 15-16 overall, 9-9 MWC.
• Kelsey Becker (Wilmington softball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 1-for-7; notes: 1-for-3 in the Quakers’ 1-0 victory over Kenyon last Thursday in the Gene Cusic Classic in Fort Myers, Fla.; team record: 6-6 overall.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, So.) — notes: two points in the Red Wolves’ 84-68 loss to Warner Southern in the first round of the NAIA Division II national tournament last Thursday in Point Lookout, Mo.; season-ending stats: 4.2 points per game, 1.5 rebounds per game; team records: 24-8 overall, 11-2 KIAC.
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Jr.) — weekly stats: 2-1 singles record, 1-2 doubles record; top performance: No. 3 singles win (6-0, 6-0) and No. 3 doubles victory (8-0) in the Screaming Eagles’ 9-0 triumph last Saturday at IU Southeast; team record: 12-2 overall.
• Ben Engle (IUPUI men’s golf, Sr.) — top performance: seventh in the Don Benbow Invitational on Monday and Tuesday in Jacksonville, Fla., with a two-round score of 146, 4-over-par (72 in the first round, 74 in the final).
• Patrick Knight (Ancilla baseball, Fr.) — notes: 2 1/3 innings pitched in the Chargers’ 6-3 loss to Nassau Community College last Friday in Myrtle Beach, S.C., three runs allowed (all earned), five hits, four walks, one strikeout; team record: 2-9 overall; Knight’s record: 2-1.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, Fr.) — notes: McClure has come in as a pinch runner in the last three Skyhawk games; team record: 13-10 overall.
• Meghan McRae (IU Southeast softball, So.) — weekly stats: 2-for-5, three runs scored, one RBI; notes: 1-for-2 with two runs scored in the Grenadiers’ 6-5 home win over Concordia last Friday in the Grenadier Classic; team record: 9-11 overall.
• Andrew Mitchell (Danville Area CC men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: five points and three assists in the Jaguars’ 73-60 semifinal win over host Illinois Central in the National Junior College Athletic Association Region 24B tournament last Saturday; Mitchell and DACC won the Region 24B tourney final last Sunday against Lincoln Land, 52-49; the Jaguars will host top-ranked Mott in the first round of the NJCAA Division II tournament this coming Tuesday; team records: 19-13 overall, 8-2 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Jimmy Nungester (IU Southeast men’s tennis, So.) — weekly stats: 1-1 singles record, 1-1 doubles record; top performance: No. 6 singles win (6-2, 6-1) and No. 3 doubles victory (8-1) in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 triumph last Sunday at IU East; team records: 5-5 overall, 1-0 KIAC.
• Nick Peters (United States Coast Guard Academy baseball, Sr.) — notes: Peters saw action in two games last weekend in the Gene Cusic Classic in Fort Myers, Fla.; team records: 5-5 overall, 1-0 New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference.
• Katie Phillips (Spalding softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 3-for-13, three runs scored, two doubles, two RBIs, two stolen bases; top performance: 2-for-3 with a double, two runs scored, two RBIs and two stolen bases in the Golden Eagles’ 8-0 win over Oberlin in the Centre College Tournament last Sunday; team record: 3-5 overall.
• Rena Philpot (Spalding softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 3-for-9, one run scored, one stolen base; 2-0 record, 10 1/3 innings pitched, two runs allowed (both earned), nine hits, 11 strikeouts, five walks; top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Golden Eagles’ 8-0 victory over Oberlin last Sunday in the Centre College Tournament, 3 1/3 innings pitched, no runs allowed, two hits, four strikeouts, one walk; team record: 3-5 overall; Philpot’s record: 2-1.
• Jeffrey Thompson (Louisville baseball, So.) — notes: no-decision start in the Cardinals’ 7-6 loss last Saturday against host Alabama in the DRASH Alabama Classic, four innings pitched, five runs allowed (all earned), eight hits, three strikeouts, one walk; team record: 11-6 overall; Thompson’s record: 3-0.
• Libby Wright (St. Mary-of-the-Woods softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 5-for-13, one run scored, one RBI; top performance: 2-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI in the Pomeroys’ 2-1 victory over Trinity Christian in the Rebel Spring Games on Tuesday in Kissimmee, Fla.; team record: 5-8 overall.