> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Chris Carruthers (Franklin men’s basketball, So.) — notes: Carruthers saw action in the Grizzlies’ 72-63 loss last Wednesday at Rose-Hulman and their 75-74 home setback to Anderson on Saturday; team records: 13-9 overall, 8-7 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Billy Edelen (Bellarmine men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: two points in the Knights’ 95-77 home victory over St. Joseph’s on Saturday; team records: 17-4 overall, 9-4 GLVC.
• Todd Albertson (Greenville (Ill.) men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 6.5 points per game, 6-of-12 field goals, 1-of-4 free throws, 14 rebounds, three assists; top performance: 11 points, shooting 5-of-8 from the field and 1-of-4 from the line, and seven rebounds in the Panthers’ 87-62 loss last Wednesday at Westminster (Mo.); team records: 8-14 overall, 3-10 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Austin Duncan (Hanover men’s track, So.) — notes: 11th in the weight throw (42-6) and 21st in the shot put (37-8 3/4) at the DePauw Indoor Invitational on Saturday.
• Tyler Farmer (Vincennes baseball, So.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Trailblazers’ 8-3 loss on Saturday at Cleveland State (Tenn.) Community College, two-thirds of an inning pitched, no runs allowed, no hits; team record: 2-3; Farmer’s record: 0-0.
• Kaylyn Rodewig (IU Southeast women’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 3.5 points per game, 3-of-10 field goals, 1-of-4 3-pointers, six assists, two steals; notes: four points and two assists in the Grenadiers’ 83-71 victory last Thursday at Midway; notes: Rodewig recently made the IU Southeast Athletic Director’s honor roll for the fall semester; team records: 14-11 overall, 6-6 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Jr.) — notes: 13th in the 3,000 invitational at the Hoosier Hills Invitational last weekend in Bloomington, 10:01.2, NCAA Division II provisional time; Wilson’s 3,000 time ranks fourth all-time in USI history and third in the GLVC this season.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: one point per game, 1-of-4 field goals, 0-of-1 3-pointers, 0-of-2 free throws, five rebounds; notes: four rebounds and two points in the Red Wolves’ 98-93 loss last Friday at IU Southeast; team records: 18-9 overall, 8-4 KIAC.
• Garrett Blackman (Southern Indiana men’s track, Jr.) — top performance: fifth in the 5,000 at the DePauw Indoor Invitational on Saturday, 15:13.99.
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — notes: No. 4 singles victory (6-4, 7-6) and No. 1 doubles loss (8-4) in the Screaming Eagles’ 6-3 setback to Abilene Christian last Thursday in Murray, Ky.; team record: 1-1.
• Will Cox (Southern Indiana men’s track, Sr.) — notes: sixth in the 5,000 at the DePauw Indoor Invitational on Saturday, 15:18.16.
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Jr.) — notes: 12th in the 1,600 relay (3:56.4 and NCAA Division II provisional time) and 23rd in the 400 (59.82) at the Grand Valley State University Big Meet last Friday and Saturday.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, So.) — weekly stats: 1-for-6, one stolen base; notes: 1-for-3 with a stolen base in the Skyhawks’ 2-0 loss to host Southeastern Louisiana at the Lions Classic last Friday in Hammond, La.; team record: 2-2.
• Brittany Mills (Ohio State softball, Sr.) — notes: 0-for-2 in the Buckeyes’ 17-5 victory over Winthrop on Saturday at the Red and Black Showcase in Athens, Ga.; team record: 4-1.
• Andrew Mitchell (Danville Area Community College men’s basketball, So.) — notes: one rebound in the Jaguars’ 68-55 home win over Parkland on Saturday; team records: 22-3 overall, 6-0 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: .5 points per game, 0-of-2 field goals, 1-of-2 free throws, 11 assists, five rebounds, two steals; notes: game-high 11 assists, matching a career-high, four rebounds, game-high two steals and one point in the Paladins’ 46-45 win on Saturday at Western Carolina; team records: 10-12 overall, 6-7 Southern Conference.
• Brock Slavens (Cincinnati men’s swimming, So.) — notes: fourth in both the 200-yard medley relay (1:39.47) and 50 freestyle (22.39) and fifth in the 400 freestyle relay (3:23.15) in the Bearcats’ 178-120 loss on Saturday at Wright State.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: game-high eight rebounds and five points in the Grenadiers’ 79-51 home win over St. Louis College of Pharmacy on Saturday; team records: 21-4 overall, 11-1 KIAC.
• Chet Wernecke (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 1.5 points per game, 1-of-3 field goals, 1-of-2 free throws, four rebounds; notes: two points in the Grenadiers’ 79-51 home victory over St. Louis College of Pharmacy on Saturday; team records: 21-4 overall, 11-1 KIAC.