ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• William Barber (Spalding men’s basketball, New Albany graduate, Sr.) — weekly stats: 21.3 points per game, 23-46 field goals, 9-16 3-pointers, 9-13 free throws, eight rebounds, five assists; top performance: game- and career-high 34 points, shooting 13-of-17 from the floor, 7-of-9 from 3-point range and 1-of-3 from the line, and team-high two assists in the Golden Eagles’ 80-72 victory at Fontbonne last Saturday; team records: 10-5 overall, 8-0 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 5.7 points per game, 5-14 field goals, 2-4 3-pointers, 5-9 free throws, seven assists, six rebounds; top performance: 10 points, shooting 3-of-8 from the floor, 1-of-3 from 3-point range and 3-of-5 from the stripe, game-high two assists and two rebounds in the Titans’ 80-63 home victory over St. Francis on Monday; team records: 7-12 overall, 3-6 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 4.7 points per game, 5-14 field goals, 0-1 3-pointers, 4-9 free throws, seven rebounds, two steals; notes: eight points in the Titans’ 84-71 home loss to Robert Morris (Ill.) last Saturday; team records: 7-12 overall, 3-6 CCAC.
• Taylor Thrasher (Kentucky Christian women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: Thrasher came off the bench in the Knights’ 93-90 overtime loss at Ohio Christian on Jan. 14 and their 78-65 home victory over Johnson last Saturday; team records: 10-7 overall, 1-1 Mid-South Conference.
• Aaron Hayes (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one field-goal attempt and one rebound in the Grenadiers’ 105-81 victory at IU Kokomo on Jan. 14; team records: 13-3 overall, 7-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Aidan McEwen (Taylor men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: McEwen came off the bench in the Trojans’ 71-52 loss at Indiana Wesleyan on Jan. 14 and their 73-57 home victory against Goshen last Saturday; team records: 9-11 overall, 3-6 Crossroads League.
• Todd Albertson (Greenville (Ill.) men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: two points per game, 3-7 field goals, 0-2 free throws, seven rebounds; notes: four points in the Panthers’ 79-76 loss at Spalding on Jan. 14; team records: 8-6 overall, 4-3 SLIAC.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Sr.) — notes: 11th in the mile run at the Kentucky Invitational last weekend, 5:13.17.