> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Brittany Stover (William & Mary gymnastics, New Albany graduate, So.) — top performance: first in the vault in Sunday’s triangular meet on Sunday versus Rutgers and host George Washington, 9.925, school record and career-high; notes: second in the all-around, 39.075, season-high; third in the balance beam, 9.725, season-high; sixth in the floor exercise, 9.750, season-high; 11th in the uneven parallel bars, 9.675; Stover’s all-around score was the second-best in program history; she set the all-around school record last season.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 5.5 points per game, 3-14 field goals, 0-3 3-pointers, 5-6 free throws, six rebounds, four steals, two assists; notes: eight points, game-high four steals and four rebounds in the Titans’ 77-62 home loss to Purdue-Calumet on Saturday; team records: 9-15 overall, 5-9 CCAC.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Sr.) — top performance: team-high 11 points, shooting 2-of-9 from the field, 1-of-5 from 3-point range and 6-of-9 from the free-throw line, and two steals in the Titans’ 77-62 home loss to Purdue-Calumet on Saturday; team records: 9-15 overall, 5-9 CCAC.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s men’s track, Fr.) — notes: 14th in the mile run at the Hillsdale (Mich.) Wide-Track Classic last weekend, 4:28.37.
• Tyler Willinger (Calhoun Community College baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 4-11, two runs scored, one RBI, one double; top performance: 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored in Calhoun’s 10-0 home victory in six innings over Martin Methodist on Sunday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team record: 2-2.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, So.) — notes: 0-for-1 with a run scored and a stolen base in the Patriots’ 7-3 loss at Freed-Hardeman on Saturday; team record: 1-5.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, Jr.) — weekly stats: 1-1 singles record, 1-1 doubles record; top performance: No. 1 singles victory (6-2, 6-1) and No. 1 doubles win (6-3) in the Bisons’ 7-0 home triumph over North Alabama on Saturday; team record: 4-2.