FLOYDS KNOBS —
GAME OF THE WEEK
SILVER CREEK (12-6, 6-2 MSC) at CLARKSVILLE (17-2, 7-1 MSC)
• DAY/TIME: Thursday, 7:30 p.m.
• RANKINGS: Silver Creek — Class 3A No. 14 AP; Clarksville — Class 2A No. 2 AP.
• LAST 20 YEARS: Silver Creek 27-8.
• EARLIER THIS YEAR: Clarksville 51, at Silver Creek 45 (Silver Creek Holliday Tournament championship game).
• LAST YEAR: Clarksville 77, at Silver Creek 47 (regular season); Clarksville 45, at Silver Creek 42 (Silver Creek Holliday Tournament first round).
• REASON TO WATCH: Clarksville can clinch its second Mid-Southern Conference championship in three years with a victory and match last year’s win total when it went 18-6 and won its first sectional championship since 1986. Creek can clinch a third-place finish with the Generals with a win.
• ANALYSIS: Clarksville is the better team at this point. On their home floor, the Generals should pull away for the win.
• THE PICK: Clarksville 80, Silver Creek 68.
FLOYD CENTRAL (4-17) at CHARLESTOWN (4-14)
• TIME: 7:30 p.m.
• LAST 20 YEARS: Floyd Central 12-3.
• LAST YEAR: At Floyd Central 81, Charlestown 79 (2OT).
• REASON TO WATCH: The Highlanders beat Jennings County on Tuesday and are suddenly a dangerous team heading into the sectional. Charlestown could use a home win before heading to North Harrison, where the Pirates got a favorable draw.
• ANALYSIS: Floyd Central is more talented than its record indicates. Perhaps more importantly, the Highlanders believe they’re much better than 4-17.
• THE PICK: Floyd Central 66, Charlestown 49.
NEW ALBANY (14-5) at BLOOMINGTON NORTH (11-8)
• TIME: 7:30 p.m.
• RADIO: WXVW-1450 AM, WNAS-88.1 FM, WGTK-970 AM.
• LAST 20 YEARS: New Albany 7-3.
• LAST YEAR: Bloomington North 56, at New Albany 47.
• REASON TO WATCH: New Albany has been great at home but inconsistent on the road. Of course, the tournament will be played away from the Doghouse, making Saturday’s game important. The Bulldogs can bookend their regular season with wins in Bloomington.
• ANALYSIS: New Albany have already started to roll on its way to a sectional championship next week.
• THE PICK: New Albany 63, Bloomington North 56.