FLOYDS KNOBS —
EASTERN (5-13) at SPRINGS VALLEY (8-12)
• TIME: 7:30 p.m.
• LAST 20 YEARS: Eastern 9-5.
• LAST YEAR: Springs Valley 56, at Eastern 46.
• REASON TO WATCH: It’s been a rough year in Pekin, but the Musketeers have played well at times. They’re just 2-6 in true road games. Friday is a chance to show they can win away from home. At the very least, Eastern can help the MSC continue to prove it superiority over the PLAC.
• ANALYSIS: Eastern plays a much tougher schedule and is probably the better team. Winning on the road has been its bugaboo, but I love its chances to come away with a win on Friday.
• THE PICK: Eastern 65, Springs Valley 63.
INDIANAPOLIS HERRON (16-4) at HENRYVILLE (3-16)
• TIME: 8 p.m.
• LAST 20 YEARS: Herron 1-0.
• LAST YEAR: Herron 70, at Henryville 67.
• REASON TO WATCH: Herron has been a nice story this year, going 16-4 and winning 15 of its last 17 games. However, the Achaeans play an inferior schedule to the Hornets’ and wouldn’t survive in the SAC. Although the results haven’t always shown it, Henryville is a program on the rise. With work, Hornet freshman Braxton Robertson could be a star. Henryville needs this home win to cement itself as a factor in 2014-15.
• ANALYSIS: I like the Hornets in this one. A lot. They played well for most of the game Tuesday against Class 2A No. 2 Clarksville. Herron is a big step down from the Generals.
• THE PICK: Henryville 69, Herron 61.
CANNELTON (2-17) at ROCK CREEK (12-9)
• TIME: 6:30 p.m.
• LAST 20 YEARS: Rock Creek 15-3.
• LAST YEAR: Rock Creek 71, at Cannelton 52.
• REASON TO WATCH: Rock Creek played a tough regular-season schedule and is about to complete it at 13-9. A win Friday will give them four straight victories and with some momentum heading into the Borden Sectional.
• ANALYSIS: This is no contest.
• THE PICK: Rock Creek 101, Cannelton 54.
CLASS 4A SOUTH SEMISTATE
LAWRENCE NORTH (25-1) at BEDFORD NORTH LAWRENCE (25-1)
• TIME: 6:15 p.m.
• RANKINGS: Lawrence North — Class 4A No. 1 ICGSA; Bedford North Lawrence — Class 4A No. 2 ICGSA.
• LAST 20 YEARS: Tied 1-1.
• REGULAR SEASON: At Lawrence North 59, Bedford North Lawrence 49 on Jan. 10.
• LAST YEAR: At Bedford North Lawrence 56, Lawrence North 54 (OT).
• REASON TO WATCH: This is the Game of the Year in Indiana. The Stars and Wildcats are the state’s two best teams. The regular-season game was big. This is bigger. Chances are the winner will go on to win the state title next week.
• ANALYSIS: The Wildcats won the regular-season matchup. Whether it’s fair or not, Saturday will be played on Damon Bailey Court, which is named after BNL’s current head coach. The homecourt advantage will be the difference between two evenly-matched teams.
• THE PICK: Bedford North Lawrence 61, Lawrence North 55.