> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — weekly stats: 2-0 singles record, 3-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 4 singles win (6-0, 6-1) and No. 2 doubles victory (8-1) in the Screaming Eagles’ 8-1 home victory over Bellarmine on Saturday; notes: Boesing needs five more singles victories to break the school record for career singles wins. He is currently on a 13-match winning streak in singles action; team records: 10-4 overall, 2-0 Great Lakes Valley Conference.
• Justin Baxtron (Indiana State men’s track, Sr.) — top performance: second in the 400-meter relay at the Bill Cornell Spring Classic last Friday and Saturday in Carbondale, Ill., 40.9; notes: fourth in the 200, 21.85.
• Kelsey Becker (Wilmington softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 0-for-4, one run scored; notes: 0-for-1 with a run scored in the Quakers’ 6-3 victory last Friday at Heidelberg in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 14-4 overall, 2-2 Ohio Athletic Conference.
• Austin Duncan (Hanover men’s track, So.) — notes: seventh in the hammer throw (41.37 meters), 11th in the discus (37.9 meters) and 15th in the shot put (11.85 meters) at the Hanover Invitational on Saturday.
• Tyler Farmer (Vincennes baseball, So.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Trailblazers’ 14-10 loss last Wednesday at Wabash Valley College, two innings pitched, one run allowed (unearned), two hits, two strikeouts, no walks; team record: 14-13 overall; Farmer’s record: 1-0.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Jr.) — top performance: first in the 5,000 at the Washington (Mo.) Invitational last weekend, 17:10.17, NCAA Division II provisional time.
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, So.) — weekly stats: 4-for-11, four runs scored, one RBI, one stolen base; 1-0 record, five innings pitched, no runs allowed, five strikeouts, no walks; top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 victory in five innings on Saturday at Alice Lloyd in Game 1 of a doubleheader, four innings pitched, no runs allowed, three hits, five strikeouts, no walks, 1-for-3 at the plate with a run scored and an RBI; notes: IU Southeast is currently on a 16-game winning streak; team records: 18-4 overall, 8-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference; Batliner’s record: 2-1.
• Garrett Blackman (Southern Indiana men’s track, Sr.) — notes: eighth in the 10,000 at the Washington (Mo.) Invitational last weekend, 31:22.79.
• Will Cox (Southern Indiana men’s track, Sr.) — notes: Cox competed in, but did not finish the 10,000 at the Washington (Mo.) Invitational last weekend.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Jr.) — notes: seventh in a dual meet against Ferris State last Friday in Camby with a one-round score of 74, 2-over-par; Frank shot a 2-over-7 in the first round of the Wisconsin-Parkside Invitational on Sunday in Columbus.
• Patrick Knight (Ancilla baseball, So.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Chargers’ 3-2 home victory over Lake Michigan College last Thursday in the second game of a doubleheader, 5 2/3 innings pitched, two runs allowed, five hits, two strikeouts, one walk; team records: 5-8 overall, 1-1 Michigan Community College Athletic Association; Knight’s record: 1-0.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, So.) — weekly stats: 0-for-5, one run scored, one stolen base; notes: 0-for-2 with a run scored and a stolen base in the Skyhawks’ 8-5 home win over Austin Peay last Friday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 23-9 overall, 7-2 Ohio Valley Conference.
• Brittany Mills (Ohio State softball, Sr.) — notes: 0-for-1 in the Buckeyes’ 8-7 home loss in nine innings to Purdue on Saturday; team records: 21-11 overall, 3-3 Big Ten.
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Jr.) — notes: no-decision outing in a starting role in the Cardinals’ 2-1 home victory over Notre Dame last Friday, seven innings pitched, one run allowed (earned), four hits, seven strikeouts, two walks. Thompson’s career-best scoreless innings streak came to an end at 28; team records: 22-5 overall, 4-2 Big East; Thompson’s record: 5-0.