FLOYDS KNOBS —
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Gaige Klingsmith, Floyd Central: Playing at the same school as Kyle Bramble, Tyler Gholston and Kyle Sammons, Klingsmith put together the most productive half in the history of the Floyd Central football program.
Bramble and James Renton previously held the Highlander record with six touchdowns in a game. Klingsmith scored seven in a half in Floyd’s 84-43 win over Seymour. He finished with 265 yards on 20 carries and caught one pass for 42 yards.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Kaleb Prince, Silver Creek: Prince had seven tackles and blocked a punt as the Dragons played outstanding defense in a 21-14 win over Eastern. Prince and the Dragons have surrendered 21 points or fewer each of the past three weeks.
“We have been able to put together two weeks of good solid defense,” Creek defense coordinator Tony Garrett said. “We are playing well as a unit and are beginning to play together. To date, we have managed to cut our [points per game] average in half [from a year ago].”
OTHER WEEK 4 STARS
• Tuwan Payton, New Albany: Payton had 270 yards on 21 carries and five touchdowns in the Bulldogs’ 48-0 win over Bedford North Lawrence.
• Ryan Lenz, Floyd Central: Lenz kicked a school-record nine extra points and averaged 40.6 yards on his punts in the Highlanders’ win over Seymour.
• Austin Hines, Jeffersonville: Hines carried 24 times for 220 yards in the Devils’ 34-11 win over Madison. His three scores made him Jeff’s all-time leading scorer on the ground with 47 career rushing touchdowns.
• Brad Graham, Silver Creek: Graham had 122 yards on 12 carries, including a big 62-yards TD run in the Dragons’ 21-14 win over Eastern on Friday.
• Marquise Parrish, Clarksville: Parrish had 148 yards on 21 carries as the Generals fell to Corydon Central, 34-14.
• Aamil Haleem, Jeffersonville: Haleem had nine tackles, three for loss, and a quarterback sack for a Jeff defense that gave up just 127 yards to Madison.
• Austin Roberts, Eastern: Roberts completed 11 of his 17 pass attempts for 210 yards and a touchdown. He also added a late rushing touchdown in the Musketeers’ loss to Silver Creek.
• Darren Taylor, Charlestown: Taylor carried 19 times for 89 yards and scored three times in the Pirates’ 28-14 victory over North Harrison.
• Adrian Mills, New Albany: The Bulldog linebacker had 11 tackles, a quarterback sack and an interception in New Albany’s victory over BNL.
• Evan Rue, Floyd Central: Rue intercepted two passes and broke up two in the Highlanders’ Hoosier Hills Conference triumph over Seymour.
• Javier Santiago, New Albany: Santiago had seven tackles, two quarterback sacks and an interception as the New Albany defense shut down BNL in a 48-0 win.
• Devin Grooms, Clarksville: Grooms return from an injury to lead the Generals with 13 tackles in the loss to Corydon Central.