> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
CLASS 3A SECTIONAL 31
CHARLESTOWN AT BROWNSTOWN CENTRAL
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Blevins Stadium.
• RECORDS: Charlestown 8-3, Brownstown 11-0.
• SERIES RECORD: 23-23 tie.
• SERIES STREAK: Brownstown won this season’s regular-season matchup; Charlestown has won two of the last three meetings.
• LAST MEETING: Aug. 30, 2013 at Blevins Stadium — Brownstown 40, Charlestown 26.
• KEY FACTS: The Pirates will be playing in their ninth sectional championship game on Friday night. Charlestown has a 4-4 record in sectional finals, including winning last year’s Class 3A Sectional 23 title game against the Braves at Blevins Stadium 62-10. The Pirates will be vying for their fifth sectional title on Friday night, as they have never won back-to-back sectional championships. … For the ninth time in his 21-year Brownstown tenure, coach Reed May has led the Class 3A No. 4 Braves to an undefeated regular season. In five of those nine unscathed regular seasons, Brownstown has proceeded to win a sectional championship.
• ANALYSIS: Both teams know each other real well since they annually square off in the Mid-Southern Conference. Each squad has a good idea what the other team likes to do on both sides of the ball. Therefore, this game should come down to which team wants the sectional title more. After getting thumped by 52 points on their home field in last year’s sectional championship game by the Pirates, the Braves should be really motivated to pay back Charlestown.