> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Mitchell Mattingly (IU Southeast baseball, Jeffersonville graduate, Sr.) — weekly stats: 8-for-18, seven runs scored, four RBIs, three doubles, two stolen bases, one home run; top performance: 2-for-4 with two runs scored, two RBIs, a double and a two-run homer in the Grenadiers’ 17-4 home victory over St. Francis on Sunday in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 20-19 overall, 10-5 KIAC.
• Justin Baxtron (Indiana State men’s track, Sr.) — notes: 16th in the 200-meter dash (21.81) and 23rd in the 100 (10.95) at the Auburn Tiger Classic last Friday and Saturday.
• Tyler Rhodes (Ancilla baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 5-for-19, two RBIs, one run scored; top performance: 2-for-3 with a run scored in one of the Chargers’ games last week; notes: Rhodes also picked up a save in a relief stint last week; team records: 7-12 overall, 3-5 Michigan Community College Athletic Association.
• Kelsey Becker (Wilmington softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 0-for-7; notes: 0-for-2 in the Quakers’ 8-0 home win over Franklin on Monday, April 1 in the first game of a doubleheader; team records: 16-4 overall, 2-2 Ohio Athletic Conference.
• Austin Duncan (Hanover men’s track, So.) — notes: 22nd in the discus (111-8) and 24th in the shot put (37-4 1/2) at the Bellarmine Invitational on Saturday.
• Tyler Farmer (Vincennes baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 0-0 record, 4 1/3 innings pitched, one run allowed, three hits, five strikeouts; notes: no-decision relief outing in the Trailblazers’ 11-1 victory on Saturday at the St. Joseph’s junior varsity team in Game 2 of a doubleheader, one inning pitched, no runs allowed, one hit, two strikeouts, no walks; team record: 20-14; Farmer’s record: 1-0.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Jr.) — top performance: first in the 1,500 at the Bill Smith Open on Saturday in Vincennes, 4:49.42; notes: Wilson was named the GLVC Women’s Outdoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week last Wednesday. It is the first time in her career that Wilson has earned the award.