> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
SILVER CREEK AT SPRINGS VALLEY
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Death Valley.
• LAST YEAR’S RECORDS: Silver Creek 3-7, Springs Valley 5-6.
• SERIES RECORD: Springs Valley leads 3-0.
• SERIES STREAK: Springs Valley has won three in a row.
• LAST MEETING: Aug. 17, 2012 at Silver Creek — Springs Valley 46, Silver Creek 29.
• KEY FACTS: In their three losses to the Blackhawks, the Dragons have given up 46.3 points per game. … Silver Creek is 1-14 on the road the past two seasons. The Dragons’ lone road win was a 44-18 victory at Eastern last season. That victory was Silver Creek’s first since it restarted its varsity program in 2011.
• ANALYSIS: It all comes down to defense for the Dragons. If they continue to struggle defensively like they have the past two seasons, they might be looking at another loss to Springs Valley. If the defense has improved, this could be a win the Dragons can steal.
WEST WASHINGTON AT EASTERN
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Eastern.
• LAST YEAR’S RECORDS: Eastern 1-9, West Washington 9-4.
• SERIES RECORD: West Washington leads 5-1.
• SERIES STREAK: West Washington won last year and has won five of the last six.
• LAST MEETING: Aug. 17, 2012 at West Washington — West Washington 42, Eastern 7.
• KEY FACTS: In their five losses to their Washington County rivals, the Musketeers have surrendered 37 points per game to the Senators. Eastern’s only win over West Washington happened in 2011 at home, 18-7. … The Musketeers have a five-game home losing streak. Their last home victory came on Oct. 7, 2011 versus Crawford County, 20-0.
• ANALYSIS: Turnovers spelled doom for Eastern last season when it went 1-9. The Musketeers must show they have improved their ball security on Friday if they plan to hang with the Senators, who have several players back from last year’s Class A Sectional 39 championship team.