> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, So.) — weekly stats: 5-for-10, three runs scored, two RBIs, one home run; 0-0 record, one inning pitched, no runs allowed, no hits, one strikeout, no walks; top performance: 2-for-3 with two runs scored, two RBIs and a two-run homer in the Grenadiers’ 10-2 victory over Berea on Saturday in the championship game of the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Tournament in Danville, Ky.; notes: The tournament title earned the Grenadiers an automatic berth in the NAIA Softball National Championship tournament; Batliner has been named to the All-KIAC team; IU Southeast has set a program record for most wins in a season with 36; team records: 36-7 overall, 23-3 KIAC; Batliner’s record: 5-1.
• Garrett Blackman (Southern Indiana men’s track, Sr.) — notes: seventh in the 10,000 at the GLVC Outdoor Track and Field Championships last Friday and Saturday in Romeoville, Ill., 31:54.44.
• Will Cox (Southern Indiana men’s track, Sr.) — notes: seventh in the 5,000 at the GLVC Outdoor Track and Field Championships last Friday and Saturday in Romeoville, Ill., 15:12.7.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, So.) — notes: 0-for-3 in the Skyhawks’ 11-9 victory at Southeast Missouri on Saturday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 33-18 overall, 14-10 Ohio Valley Conference.
• Brittany Mills (Ohio State softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 0-for-1, one run scored, one stolen base; notes: one run scored and one stolen base in the Buckeyes’ 4-0 home victory over Wright State last Wednesday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 33-21 overall, 10-13 Big Ten.
• Matt Powers (Hanover baseball, Fr.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Panthers’ 18-3 home loss to Bluffton last Friday, one inning pitched, five runs allowed (two earned), three hits, one walk, one strikeout; season-ending stats: 1-0 record, 8.68 ERA; team records: 16-22 overall, 9-16 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Jr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Cardinals’ 6-5 victory at Villanova on Saturday, 6 1/3 innings pitched, four runs allowed (four earned), four hits, career-high 12 strikeouts and two walks; notes: Thompson was one of 60 players across the nation to be named to the midseason Golden Spikes Award watch list, which was released last Thursday by USA Baseball; team records: 37-10 overall, 14-4 Big East; Thompson’s record: 8-1.