> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Zach Blankenbeker (Army men’s swimming, Jeffersonville graduate, Fr.) — top performance: first in the 200-yard butterfly last Friday during a home triangular meet with Boston College and Rowan, 1:53.42; notes: the 200 butterfly was the first race of Blankenbeker’s collegiate career.
• Drew Mattingly (Huntington men’s soccer, Jr.) — weekly stats: eight saves; notes: four saves in the Foresters’ 3-1 home win over Marian last Saturday; team records: 7-6-2 overall, 2-4 Crossroads League.
• Brad Baumann (Hanover men’s golf, Jr.) — notes: 19th at the Wabash Fall Golf Classic last weekend with a two-round score of 159, 19-over-par (79 in the first round, 80 in the final); the Panthers won the tournament with a team score of 605.
• Rebekah Burgan (Parkland women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: Burgan played in the Cobras’ 2-0 loss at Southwestern Illinois last Saturday and their 10-0 home win over Joliet Junior College on Wednesday; team record: 11-1-1.
• Laura Der (Marshall volleyball, Jr.) — top performance: match-high 20 kills, 14 digs and three aces in the Thundering Herd’s 3-1 home win over East Carolina last Friday; team records: 15-5 overall, 5-1 Conference USA.
• Rachel Engle (Western Kentucky volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: seven digs, two aces, one kill, one assist; notes: five digs in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 victory last Sunday at Louisiana-Monroe; team records: 20-3 overall, 6-0 Sun Belt Conference.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Jr.) — notes: 52nd at the Guy Harvey Invitational Monday and Tuesday in West Palm Beach, Fla., with a three-round score of 231, 15-over-par (79 in the first round, 76 in the second, 76 in the final).
• Lauren Haley (Ohio women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: one shot in the Bobcats’ 1-0 home loss last Sunday against Buffalo; team records: 7-6-1 overall, 2-3-1 Mid-American Conference.
• Matthew Hamilton (Evansville men’s cross country, Jr.) — notes: 24th at the Tennessee Tech Invitational last Friday, 29:16.83.
• Janice Heffernan (St. Mary’s women’s golf, So.) — top performance: eighth at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Jamboree No. 4 last Saturday in Adrian, Mich., with a one-round score of 87, 15-over-par.
• Jay Holderman (IUPUI men’s golf, Fr.) — notes: 18th at the Butler Fall Invitational Monday and Tuesday with a two-round score of 151, 11-over-par (75 in the first round, 76 in the final).
• Cassie Holland (Asbury women’s soccer, Fr.) — top performance: first goal in collegiate career on her only shot on goal of the game in the Eagles’ 3-1 loss last Saturday at Union (Tenn.); team records: 1-8 overall, 1-1 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Danny Laird (Northern Kentucky men’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: three shots and one assist in the Norse’s 1-1 overtime tie with visiting Florida Gulf Coast last Thursday; team records: 3-7-1 overall, 0-0-1 Atlantic Sun Conference.
• Kyndall Merritt (Indiana volleyball, Fr.) — notes: two digs in the Hoosiers’ 3-1 home loss to Iowa last Friday; team records: 8-10 overall, 0-6 Big Ten.
• Sam Mires (Evansville men’s cross country, Sr.) — notes: 19th at the Tennessee Tech Invitational last Friday, 28:44.09.
• Jimmy Nungester (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Jr.) — notes: No. 3 singles loss (6-2, 6-1) and No. 1 doubles setback (8-2) in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 loss to host St. Joseph’s at the St. Joseph’s Invitational last Sunday; team record: 3-2.
• Loryn Queen (Tennessee-Chattanooga women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: Queen played in the Mocs’ 2-1 overtime home loss to Appalachian State last Friday and their 1-0 home setback to Western Carolina last Sunday; team records: 2-9-1 overall, 0-6 Southern Conference.
• Cole Richards (Franklin football, Sr.) — notes: five extra-point kicks and a 27-yard field goal in the Grizzlies’ 38-0 win last Saturday at Mount St. Joseph; team records: 3-2 overall, 3-0 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Katy Schad (Marshall volleyball, Sr.) — top performance: 15 digs, eight kills and three assists in the Thundering Herd’s 3-1 home victory over East Carolina last Friday; team records: 15-5 overall, 5-1 Conference USA.
• Alysen Shireman (Campbellsville women’s soccer, So.) — notes: Shireman saw action in the Tigers’ 2-1 home loss to Trevecca Nazarene last Friday and their 5-0 home setback to Lindsey Wilson on Wednesday; team records: 5-6-1 overall, 3-2 Mid-South Conference.
• Melanie Stutsman (Western Kentucky volleyball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 65 assists, 12 digs, eight kills, four blocks; top performance: match-high 37 assists, four digs, three kills and three blocks in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 victory last Friday at North Texas; team records: 20-3 overall, 6-0 Sun Belt Conference.
• Kelsey Traughber (Spalding women’s soccer, Sr.) — notes: two shots and one shot on goal in the Golden Eagles’ 3-0 victory last Saturday at MacMurray; team records: 8-4 overall, 2-2 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Morgan Wilson (Spalding volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 154 assists, 35 digs, six aces, three kills, two blocks; top performance: match-high 32 assists and two aces in the Golden Eagles’ 3-0 home victory on Wednesday against Franklin; team records: 9-13 overall, 7-4 SLIAC.