> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Melanie Stutsman (Western Kentucky volleyball, Floyd Central graduate, Sr.) — weekly stats: 82 assists, 19 digs, eight kills, three blocks, two aces; top performance: match-high 38 assists, match-high 14 digs and two kills in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 victory at Troy last Friday; notes: Stutsman collected her third consecutive Sun Belt Conference Setter of the Week honor on Monday; team records: 12-4 overall, 2-0 Sun Belt.
• Rachel Boesing (Asbury volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 15 kills, 10 blocks, three assists; top performance: match-high six blocks and three kills in the Eagles’ 3-0 home win last Wednesday against Berea; team records: 14-6 overall, 5-1 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Drew Mattingly (Huntington men’s soccer, Sr.) — weekly stats: 10 saves, four goals against; top performance: eight saves and two goals against in the Foresters’ 2-2 tie at Indiana Wesleyan on Saturday; team records: 5-5-1 overall, 1-1-1 Crossroads League.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, So.) — notes: 2-1 doubles record and 1-2 singles record at the Steve Baras Fall Classic this weekend in Chattanooga, Tenn.
• Whitney Batliner (IU Southeast women’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: No. 3 singles win (7-5, 7-5) and No. 1 doubles loss (8-4) in the Grenadiers’ 7-2 loss at Bellarmine on Sunday; team records: 4-2 overall, 3-0 KIAC.
• Brad Baumann (Hanover men’s golf, Sr.) — notes: 13th at the Manchester Fall Invitational on Saturday with a one-round score of 77, 6-over-par; the Panthers won the tournament with a team score of 303.
• Olivia Boesing (Louisville women’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: 2-1 doubles record and 1-2 singles record at the Miami (Ohio) Invitational this weekend.
• Kyle Bramble (Dartmouth football, So.) — notes: one reception for 7 yards on a touchdown reception in the Big Green’s 31-28 home loss to Holy Cross on Saturday; the touchdown catch at the 3:14 mark of the first quarter was Bramble’s first TD of his collegiate career; team record: 1-1.
• Rebekah Burgan (Parkland women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: Burgan came off the bench as a defender in two victories last week against Illinois Central (10-0) and Wabaunsee (6-0); team records: 6-3 overall, 2-1 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Laura Der (Marshall volleyball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 29 kills, 28 digs, five blocks, two aces; top performance: team-high 21 digs, team-high 15 kills and team-high four blocks in the Thundering Herd’s 3-2 win at Florida Atlantic last Friday; team records: 8-9 overall, 2-0 Conference USA.
• Rachel Engle (Western Kentucky volleyball, So.) — weekly stats: eight digs, seven kills; notes: eight digs and six kills in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 win at Troy last Friday; team records: 12-4 overall, 2-0 Sun Belt.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Sr.) — top performance: sixth at the NCAA Division II Midwest Regional No. 1 on Sunday and Monday in Chicago with a two-round score of 145, 1-over-par (74 in the first round, 71 in the final).
• Lauren Haley (Ohio women’s soccer, So.) — notes: one shot in the Bobcats’ 3-1 home win over Bowling Green last Friday; team records: 5-3-2 overall, 1-1 Mid-American Conference.
• Janice Heffernan (St. Mary’s women’s golf, Jr.) — top performance: second at the second Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Jamboree on Saturday in Kalamazoo, Mich., with a one-round score of 80; notes: ninth at the first MIAA Jamboree last Tuesday in Marshall, Mich., with a one-round score of 86.
• Cassie Holland (Asbury women’s soccer, So.) — notes: one shot and one shot on goal in the Eagles’ 3-2 home win over Carlow on Saturday; Holland was named the KIAC Women’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week for the second time this season on Sept. 23; team records: 4-6 overall, 2-0 KIAC.
• Ali Host (Parkland women’s soccer, Fr.) — weekly stats: three goals, three assists; top performance: three goals and one assist in the Cobras’ 10-0 victory at Illinois Central College last Wednesday; team records: 6-3 overall, 2-1 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Dylan Jenney (Franklin football, Jr.) — notes: one reception for 17 yards in the Grizzlies’ 80-14 victory at Earlham on Saturday; team records: 2-2 overall, 2-0 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Danny Laird (Northern Kentucky men’s soccer, So.) — notes: Laird came off the bench as a defender in the Norse’s double-overtime scoreless tie on Sunday at home; team record: 3-2-4.
• Kyndall Merritt (Indiana volleyball, So .) — notes: four digs and two assists in the Hoosiers’ 3-0 loss at Minnesota last Wednesday; team records: 8-5 overall, 0-2 Big Ten.
• Taylor Patty (Southern Indiana women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: Patty came off the bench in the Screaming Eagles’ 3-0 victory at William Jewell on Sunday; team records: 5-2-1 overall, 3-2-1 Great Lakes Valley Conference.
• Katie Perkins (South Florida women’s cross country, So.) — notes: 55th at the University of Tampa Pre-Nationals last Friday, 21:36.4.
• Loryn Queen (Tennessee-Chattanooga women’s soccer, So.) — top performance: one goal, one shot and one shot on goal in the Mocs’ 2-1 home loss to Georgia Southern on Sunday; team records: 4-5 overall, 0-2 Southern Conference.
• Alysen Shireman (Campbellsville women’s soccer, Jr.) — notes: Shireman started at defender in the Tigers’ two wins last week against Georgetown (Ky.) (2-0) and Bluefield (2-0); team records: 5-3-1 overall, 2-2 Mid-South Conference.
• Jamie Wallace (Indianapolis volleyball, So.) — weekly stats: three digs; notes: two digs in the Grenadiers’ 3-2 home win over William Jewell on Sunday; team records: 7-5 overall, 3-1 GLVC.
• Morgan Wilson (Spalding volleyball, So.) — weekly stats: 29 assists, six digs; top performance: team-high 15 assists and four digs in the Golden Eagles’ 3-0 home loss to Westminster (Mo.) on Saturday; team records: 5-8 overall, 1-3 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.