NEW ALBANY —
IU Southeast canned food drive
The IU Southeast athletic department is hosting a canned food drive to benefit the Salvation Army in New Albany. The campaign begins at this weekend’s games and lasts through Saturday, Dec. 15.
Fans who are attending games from Nov. 30-Dec. 15 are asked to donate canned food items into boxes placed near the entrance to the Southeast Activities Building. Each person who donates will receive a $2 discount off their original ticket price.
“We are pleased to partner with the Salvation Army during this special time of year,” IU Southeast athletic director Joe Glover said. “Participating in local service initiatives are an important part of being a good community partner. The generosity of our community has always impressed me, and we are happy to play a small role in serving others during this holiday season.”
The canned food drive game days are the following:
• Friday: Point Park (men’s basketball game), 5 p.m.
• Friday: Point Park (women’s basketball game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday: Carlow (women’s game), 1 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 8: Spalding (men’s game), 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 12: Grace (women’s game), 7 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 14: University of the Cumberlands (men’s game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 15: Taylor (women’s game), 2 p.m.
NEW ALBANY —
- Floyd County Sports
CLASS 4A SEYMOUR SECTIONAL: Bulldogs claim first title since 2011
Hibbard 3s help New Albany beat Jennings, 55-49
CLASS 2A PAOLI SECTIONAL: Generals win back-to-back crowns
Clarksville takes big early lead, holds on for 41-32 win over crosstown rival
Revelers and runners to come together Tuesday
It’s coming a bit earlier than the actual St. Patrick’s Day holiday, but runners and drinkers will be celebrating Tuesday, March 11, in Jeffersonville.
- PHOTO GALLERY: Boys' basketball sectional semifinals Featured teams include New Albany, Charlestown, Silver Creek, Rock Creek, Christian Academy, and Borden.
CLASS A BORDEN SECTIONAL: Rock Creek knocks off defending champs
CAI blows big lead against Lanesville
CLASS 4A SEYMOUR SECTIONAL: Clutch Cochran leads New Albany to sectional final
Bulldogs beat BNL in semis, 61-51; will face Jennings County for title tonight
CLASS 2A PAOLI SECTIONAL: It’s Clarksville, Providence for the title
No. 2 Generals rip Eastern 67-45, Pioneers pull away from Henryville, 58-40
COLLEGE BASKETBALL: IUS earns at-large bid to NAIA tourney
No. 3-seed Grenadiers will face Tabor College in opening round
- PHOTO GALLERY: Opening night of boys' basketball sectional Boys' basketball sectionals opened on Tuesday night. Featured teams include New Albany, Jeffersonville, Floyd Central, Clarksville, Rock Creek, Christian Academy and New Washington.
CLASS 2A PAOLI SECTIONAL: Rivals Clarksville, Providence advance
Generals, Pioneers overcome tough tests to move into Friday’s semifinals
- More Floyd County Sports Headlines
- CLASS 4A SEYMOUR SECTIONAL: Bulldogs claim first title since 2011