NEW ALBANY —
SINGLES PERFORMER OF THE WEEK
Morgan Reilly, Jeffersonville
Reilly went 2-0, winning both matches in straight sets, as the Red Devils went unbeaten at Saturday’s Jeffersonville Double Duals. Reilly beat Gibson Southern’s Haley Decker 6-3, 6-2 and Loogootee’s Emily Bateman 6-0, 6-0.
TOP SINGLES PERFORMANCES
• Abigail Hurtgen, Clarksville: Hurtgen won 6-4, 6-1 over Austin’s Rachel Bekika during Thursday’s 4-1 loss to the Eagles; defeated Providence’s Alison Primavera at No. 2 singles in Monday’s 3-2 loss to the Pioneers.
• Christine McCaffrey, Floyd Central: McCaffrey won the No. 3 singles title at Saturday’s Crawfordsville Invitational, helping the Highlanders to the team title.
• Abby Ellis, Borden: Ellis earned a 6-1, 6-0 victory over Henryville’s Jordan Jeffers in the Braves 5-0 Southern Athletic Conference triumph on Friday.
• Olivia Boesing, Floyd Central: Boesing went unbeaten and took the No. 1 singles crown at Saturday’s Crawfordsville Invitational.
• Sierra Purlee, Eastern: Purlee defeated Charlestown’s Sarah Embry 7-5, 6-4 in the Musketeers’ 4-1 victory on Thursday.
• Erin Kanii, New Albany: Kanii went 2-0 in Saturday’s Jeffersonville Double Duals, dropping just four games in two matches.
DOUBLES PERFORMERS OF THE WEEK
Alex Jamison and Erin Patterson, Floyd Central: Jamison and Patterson defeated Lauren McCarty and Amanda Ahmel of Penn 3-6, 6-2, 15-13 to clinch the Highlanders’ team title at Saturday’s Crawfordsville Invitational.
TOP DOUBLES PERFORMANCES
• Anne Mattox and Racquel Burch, New Albany: Mattox and Burch went 2-0 at No. 2 doubles, helping the Bulldogs go unbeaten, during Saturday’s Jeffersonville Double Duals. The Bulldog duo came through with a 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 win over Gibson Southern’s Taylor Kiesel and Lauren Stucky to give New Albany a 3-2 victory.
• Kelsey Haas and Mary Ann Fitzpatrick, Providence: Haas and Fitzpatrick earned a 6-2, 6-1 win over Clarksville’s Bailey Duggan and Sharon Garcia as the Pioneers defeated the cross-town rival Generals 3-2.
• Kristin Potter and Halie Mueller, Eastern: The Musketeer duo topped Charlestown’s Jessica Renn and Suzannah Fielding on Thursday.
• Bailee Kruer and Mckenzie Owens, Borden: Kruer and Owens defeated Marisa Thomasson and Kendra Tanner of Henryville on Friday.