PERFORMER OF THE WEEK
Codie Hamsley, Floyd Central
Hamsley was a two-time winner at last Friday’s Floyd Central Invitational. He won the discus with a personal- and school-record throw of 200 feet, 7 inches. The toss by Hamsley, who finished second in the state a year ago, was nearly 8 feet farther than last year’s state championship distance. Hamsley also won the shot put with a throw of 52-6. That throw would have ranked 15th in last year’s state finals.
WEEK’S TOP PERFORMANCES
• Tyrell Dowdell, Jeffersonville: Dowdell broke the 200-meter dash and 400 meet records at Saturday’s Indiana-Kentucky Showdown in Evansville. Dowdell also was a member of the winning 800 relay team.
• Jermaine Parrish, New Albany: Parrish won the 100 in 10.57 and the 200 in 21.94 in Friday’s Floyd Central Invitational.
• Grant Foster, Floyd Central: Foster was first in the 110 high hurdles, second in the 300 intermediate hurdles and second in the high jump in last Friday’s Floyd Central Invitational.
• Adan Diaz, New Washington: Diaz won three events — the 1,600 (5:20), the 3,200 (12:28) and the 300 hurdles (45.81) — as the Mustangs defeated Southwestern on Thursday.
• Drew Hirsch, New Albany: Hirsch won the 800 and 1,600 in a three-way meet against Providence and Christian Academy and had a second- and a fourth-place finish at Floyd on Friday.
• Brett Williams, Borden: Williams won the shot put and the discus in a three-way meet against Lanesville and South Central last Tuesday. On Friday, he finished third in the shot put at Floyd.
• Ian Hughes, New Washington: In a 66-57 win over Southwestern, Hughes won the 400 (56.28), the discus (119-11) and the high jump (5-10).
• Dalton Adkins, Jeffersonville: Adkins cleared 5-10 to win the high jump at Friday’s Floyd Central Invitational.
• Logan Vaughn, Floyd Central: Vaughn jumped a career-best 19-5 1/2 to win the long jump at the Floyd Central Invitational.