> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Gray, Nelson lead Devils past Corydon: Emily Gray surrendered just one run on five hits and Janel Nelson was 2-for-3 as host Jeff defeated Corydon Central 3-1 on Friday.
Gray struck out six Panthers and Nelson scored twice in the victory.
NEXT: Jeffersonville (7-6) hosts Bloomington North and Bloomington South, today.
• Clarksville offense explodes in win: Clarksville’s offense exploded for 13 runs on 17 hits and the Generals ended their eight-game losing streak with a 13-2 win at Southwestern on Friday.
Summer Dees went 4-for-5 with two doubles, a triple, two runs and an RBI. One of Dees’ hits was 15 feet from being a home run, which would have given her the cycle.
Bailey Sharp had eight strikeouts and earned the win. She also went 2-for-5 with a home run and four RBIs.
NEXT: Clarksville (5-9) at Henryville (DH), today.
• Borden tops Orleans: Tony Wagoner III shot a 43 and Reilly Gray a 44 to help lead Borden past Orleans at Paoli Country Club on Friday.
Kamden Hurst and Elijah Franklin each shot a 47 for the Braves.
“We had a good team effort, especially with the conditions,” Borden coach Tony Wagoner Jr. said. “I thought Elijah and Reilly played really well, shooting their best round of the year so far. Kamden tied his best round of the year.”
NEXT: Borden at Bud Bennett Memorial Invitational (Old Capitol), today.
• Silver Creek blanks Salem: Silver Creek improved to 6-0 in the Mid-Southern Conference with a 5-0 win at Salem on Friday.
The Dragons three singles players won in straight sets and the No. 2 doubles team of Faith Perry and Olivia Schettler each earned their first varsity win.
NEXT: Silver Creek (7-4, 6-0 MSC) at North Harrison, Monday.
• Generals defeat Eastern: On Thursday, visiting Clarksville defeated MSC rival Eastern, 4-1. Clarksville swept the doubles events, both in straight sets. The Musketeers’ win came from No. 1 singles, where Krista Roberts beat the Generals’ Jackie Slaten in three sets, 6-7, 6-0, 6-4.
NEXT: Clarksville will host Corydon Central, Monday.