> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• King, Harper combine for three-hit shutout for Highlanders: Floyd Central pitchers Kassie King and Morgan Harper combined to throw a three-hit shutout in the Highlanders’ 5-0 home victory over Seymour on Tuesday.
King, the starter, allowed one hit in two innings of work. Harper tossed the final five innings, yielding two hits.
Floyd Central’s Gabbi Jenkins went 2-for-3 with a double, a home run and three RBIs. Teammate Clara Shean collected two hits.
NEXT: Floyd Central (13-2) at Providence, Friday.
• Generals get blanked by Brownstown: Clarksville collected only three hits in a 6-0 loss to visiting Brownstown Central on Tuesday.
NEXT: Clarksville (4-8) hosts Jeffersonville, today.
• Mustangs down Lanesville: On Monday, Coari Robertson smacked a two-out RBI triple in the top of the seventh to lead visiting New Washington to a 1-0 win at Lanesville. Teammate Kayla Sexton was 2-for-3, while Mustangs’ winning pitcher pitcher Whitney Morris struck out nine.
NEXT: New Washington (7-7, 1-1 Southern Athletic Conference) will host Crothersville, Thursday.
• Charlestown rolls past Seymour: Alli Webster pitched a no-hitter and hit a double and a home run in Charlestown’s 12-1 win in five innings at Seymour on Monday. For the Pirates, Alyssa Price was 4-for-4 and Carly Price was 3-for-4 with two RBIs.
NEXT: Charlestown (7-2) hosts West Washington, today.
• Hornets prevail in quad meet: Henryville fired a team score of 169 to win a quadrangular meet on Tuesday at Hidden Creek Golf Club’s Links Nine course. Lanesville finished second with a 171, followed by Charlestown (189) and Rock Creek Academy (205).
The Lions’ Brett Castetler collected medalist honors with a 38. Luke Davidson led the Hornets with a 39, followed by teammate Cole Hairston with a 41.
Senior Chris Braun paced the Pirates with a 41.
NEXT: Henryville will host Silver Creek and Borden in West Clark Shootout (Champions Pointe), Thursday; Charlestown will host Floyd Central and Clarksville (Hidden Creek), Thursday; Rock Creek at South Central (Chariot Run), next Tuesday.