• COACH: Kevin Zollman (13th season).
• LAST YEAR’S RECORD: 22-5.
• RETURNING LETTERWINNERS: Cassie Martin, Sr., OF; Kaitlynn Henning, Jr., SS; Shelby Goedeker, Jr., 1B; Carly Price, So., P/1B; Lexi Logsdon, So., P/2B; Leah Sherrill, So., OF; Bethany Hall, So., C/3B.
• KEY NEWCOMERS: Kendall Cline, Fr., P; McKenzie Smith, Fr., C/OF.
• OUTLOOK: The Pirates lost three key players from last year’s Class 3A Salem Sectional championship team in Alli Webster, Alyssa Price and Gracynn Jennings. But Zollman thinks Charlestown has the tools to contend for the Mid-Southern Conference title and make another sectional championship run. Zollman says Brownstown Central and Silver Creek will be the teams to beat in the MSC and the Class 3A sectional.
• ZOLLMAN SAYS: “This will be a tough season in trying to replace the senior class from last year. But I expect to battle for another conference and sectional title with the team we have.”
• COACH: Tim Hauber (17th season).
• LAST YEAR’S RECORD: 10-15.
• RETURNING LETTERWINNERS: Ali Sparkman, Sr., SS; Kayla Wallace, Jr., CF; Kaitlyn Hall, Jr., 3B; Meghan Hall, Jr., LF; Danielle Pace, Jr., RF; Bailey Sharp, So., P; Kate Wingler, Sr., 1B.
• KEY NEWCOMERS: Kaitlin Page, Fr., 2B; Ciara Early, So., C.
• OUTLOOK: The Generals will try to bounce back from the worst record ever posted in Hauber’s tenure. The veteran Clarksville coach hopes to see improvement from Sharp on the mound. The Generals face a challenging schedule that includes MSC foes Salem, Silver Creek, Brownstown and Charlestown and nonconference teams in Jeff, New Albany, Floyd Central and Providence.
• HAUBER SAYS: “I’m expecting Bailey Sharp to be much improved. Last year, she was just a thrower. But this year, she took the first step in being a pitcher. She has more command and is hitting her spots better.”