> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Cassie Holland (Asbury women’s soccer, Floyd Central graduate, So.) — notes: game-high three goals, game-high eight shots and game-high six shots on goal in the Eagles’ 6-0 home win over Berea last Tuesday; team records: 3-5 overall, 1-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s men’s cross country, Fr.) — notes: 52nd in the non-Division I race at the National Catholic Cross County Invitational last Friday in South Bend, 27:38.3.
• Chris Braun (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: No. 1 doubles victory (9-7) and No. 2 singles loss (6-4, 6-1) in the Grenadiers’ 6-3 win at Franklin on Sunday; team record: 1-1.
• Rachel Boesing (Asbury volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: five kills, five blocks, three assists; notes: four kills, two assists and two blocks in the Eagles’ 3-1 home victory over IU-Kokomo on Saturday; team records: 10-6 overall, 3-1 KIAC.
• Drew Mattingly (Huntington men’s soccer, Sr.) — weekly stats: eight saves, two goals against; notes: five saves and one goal against in the Foresters’ 1-0 home win over Trinity Christian last Wednesday; team record: 4-5 overall, 0-1 Crossroads League.
• Whitney Batliner (IU Southeast women’s tennis, Fr.) — weekly stats: 2-0 singles record, 2-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 3 singles win (6-0, 6-0) and No. 1 doubles victory (8-0) in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 triumph over Alice Lloyd on Sunday in Berea, Ky.; notes: Batliner earned KIAC Player of the Week honors for the first time in her career on Sept. 16; team records: 4-1 overall, 3-0 KIAC.
• Kyle Bramble (Dartmouth football, So.) — notes: four rushes for 20 yards and two receptions for 18 yards in the Big Green’s 30-23 win at Butler on Saturday; team record: 1-0.
• Laura Der (Marshall volleyball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 34 digs, 31 kills, 10 aces, two blocks; top performance: team-high 18 kills, 16 digs and match-high five aces in a 3-2 victory over Maryland at the Michigan Invitational on Saturday; team record: 6-9.
• Rachel Engle (Western Kentucky volleyball, So.) — weekly stats: 18 digs, 15 kills, four blocks, three assists; notes: seven digs, six kills and four blocks in the Hilltoppers’ 3-1 victory over Western Michigan at the Flyer Classic on Saturday in Dayton, Ohio; team record: 10-4.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Sr.) — notes: 16th at the Brickyard Invitational Sept. 16-17 in Indianapolis with a three-round score of 220, 4-over-par (72 in the first round, 71 in the second, 77 in the final).
• Dylan Jenney (Franklin football, Jr.) — notes: five receptions for 56 yards in the Grizzlies’ 48-7 home victory over Manchester on Saturday; team records: 1-2 overall, 1-0 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Danny Laird (Northern Kentucky men’s soccer, So.) — notes: Laird played seven minutes off the bench in the Norse’s 1-1 tie at Cincinnati last Wednesday; team record: 3-2-3.
• Kyndall Merritt (Indiana volleyball, So.) — weekly stats: seven digs, three assists; notes: six digs and two assists in the Hoosiers’ 3-1 setback at North Carolina on Saturday; team record: 8-3.
• Taylor Patty (Southern Indiana women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: one shot and one shot on goal in the Screaming Eagles’ 4-2 home loss to Drury on Sunday; team records: 4-1-1 overall, 2-1-1 Great Lakes Valley Conference.
• Loryn Queen (Tennessee-Chattanooga women’s soccer, So.) — notes: one shot in the Mocs’ 2-1 victory at Tennessee Tech last Friday; team record: 4-3.
• Daniel Shepard (IPFW men’s golf, Fr.) — notes: 69th at the Wolf Run Intercollegiate this weekend in Zionsville with a three-round score of 245, 32-over-par (81 in the first round, 81 in the second, 83 in the final).
• Alysen Shireman (Campbellsville women’s soccer, Jr.) — notes: Shireman started in the Tigers’ 5-1 home loss to Lindsey Wilson last Wednesday; team records: 3-3-1 overall, 0-2 Mid-South Conference.
• Melanie Stutsman (Western Kentucky volleyball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 134 assists, 18 digs, 11 kills, five aces, five blocks; top performance: match- and season-high 51 assists, seven digs and six kills in the Hilltoppers’ 3-1 win against Western Michigan at the Flyer Classic on Saturday in Dayton, Ohio; team record: 10-4.
• Morgan Wilson (Spalding volleyball, So.) — weekly stats: 21 assists, 13 digs; top performance: match-high 16 assists and nine digs in the Golden Eagles’ 3-0 home victory over MacMurray on Saturday; team record: 5-6 overall, 1-1 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.