NEW ALBANY —
CLASS 2A SECTIONAL 39
INDIANAPOLIS MANUAL AT PROVIDENCE
• TIME: 7:30 p.m.
• PLACE: Murphy Stadium.
• RECORDS: Providence 6-3, Indianapolis Manual 0-9.
• SERIES RECORD: N/A.
• SERIES STREAK: Providence has won two in a row and three of the last four meetings.
• LAST MEETING: Sept. 20, 2013 at Murphy Stadium — Providence 1, Indianapolis Manual 0 (The Pioneers won by forfeit.)
• KEY FACTS: During its 1-3 start to the season, Providence averaged 20.5 points per game. Since then, the Pioneers have went on a five-game winning streak, as they have averaged 42.8 per contest in that stretch. … Since Providence’s last sectional championship in 2007, the Pioneers have a 1-5 record in sectional play. Their last sectional victory came on Oct. 23, 2009 at Murphy Stadium, beating Triton Central 21-14 in the first round of Class 2A Sectional 31.
• ANALYSIS: The Redskins enter the contest surrendering 43.1 points per game, which includes a 68-8 home loss to Class 3A No. 5 Yorktown last Friday. The Pioneers’ offensive players have got to be licking their chops to play that defense.
CRAWFORD COUNTY AT CLARKSVILLE
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Clarksville High School.
• RECORDS: Clarksville 0-9, Crawford County 2-7.
• SERIES RECORD: Clarksville leads 4-0.
• SERIES STREAK: Clarksville has won four in a row.
• LAST MEETING: Oct. 8, 2010 at Clarksville — Clarksville 21, Crawford County 8.
• KEY FACTS: The Generals have averaged 34.5 points per contest in their four meetings with the Wolfpack. Along with that, they have allowed 14.8 points a clip in this brief series. … Clarksville has lost seven of its last eight sectional contests. The lone sectional victory in that sequence was last season in a 32-0 first-round win over Eastern in Class 2A Sectional 31.
• ANALYSIS: This is the Generals’ best chance to avoid the program’s first-ever winless season. Clarksville needs to limit its turnovers and penalties and put the ball in its playmakers’ hands.
PAOLI AT EASTERN
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Eastern High School.
• RECORDS: Eastern 2-7, Paoli 7-2.
• SERIES RECORD: First meeting.
• KEY FACTS: The Musketeers have never won a sectional game since their program started in 2007. The closest they have gotten to a postseason victory was a 43-42 setback at Lawrenceburg in the first round of Class 2A Sectional 31 in 2010. … The 64 points Eastern yielded in last week’s loss at Charlestown are the most it has allowed since a 66-21 loss at Corydon Central last season.
• ANALYSIS: The Rams rank fourth in Class 2A in scoring at 38.6 points per game and have averaged 41.2 points a contest during their current five-game winning streak. The Musketeers have got to find a way to keep the Paoli offense off the field if they plan on pulling off the upset.