> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
FLOYD CENTRAL AT MADISON
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Cub Field.
• RECORDS: Floyd Central 1-1, 0-0 HHC; Madison 2-0, 0-0.
• SERIES RECORD: Floyd Central leads 32-15.
• SERIES STREAK: Floyd Central has won six in a row and 11 of the last 13 meetings.
• LAST MEETING: Aug. 31, 2012 at Ron Weigleb Stadium — Floyd Central 47, Madison 14.
• KEY FACTS: Highlanders’ coach Brian Glesing is 6-0 against the Cubs during his Floyd Central tenure. The Highlanders have averaged 40 points per contest in those six victories. … Madison is off to a 2-0 start for the first time since 2005. That season the Cubs began with a 4-1 mark, but ended the campaign with a 5-6 record after losing five of their last six games.
• ANALYSIS: Madison has been solid on defense in 2013, as it has yielded only 17 combined points in its first two games. But the Cubs will be tested against the Floyd Central running attack. Last year, Highlander running back Garry Posey rushed for 405 yards and four touchdowns in Floyd Central’s decisive victory over Madison.
SILVER CREEK AT CORYDON CENTRAL
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Corydon Central High School.
• RECORDS: Silver Creek 1-1, 0-1 MSC; Corydon 2-0, 1-0.
• SERIES RECORD: Corydon leads 3-0.
• SERIES STREAK: Corydon has won three in a row.
• LAST MEETING: Oct. 19, 2012 at Corydon — Corydon 42, Silver Creek 8, Class 3A Sectional 23 first round.
• KEY FACTS: In their three previous matchups, the Dragons have surrendered 55.3 points per game to the Panthers. Corydon has won those games by an average margin of 32.7 points a contest. … Since the Dragons resumed playing a full varsity schedule in 2011, they are 3-2 when they score more than 40 points.
• ANALYSIS: Silver Creek’s defense has got to find a way to slow down the Panthers, who have had their way with the Dragons in the three prior matchups. Plus it would not hurt Creek if it can keep the connection between quarterback Brooks Howell and wide receiver Bobby Haines very strong.